Zao Kokusai Hotel
Only a 1-minute walk from Zao Onsen Ski Resort, Zao Kokusai Hotel offers indoor/outdoor spacious hot-spring baths and Japanese-style rooms. Guests can refresh with a quick 10-minute massage at the lounge or request for longer massages in their rooms. A free shuttle is available from Zao Onsen Bus Terminal, which is also a 10-minute walk away.Guests can choose to stay in Japanese-style rooms with tatami (woven-straw) floors or in Western rooms with beds and carpeted floors. A flat-screen satellite TV, a fridge and an electric kettle with green tea bags are included in each. Yukata robes are provided for all guests and the private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.A hot-spring bath can be reserved for private-use and guests can rent ski equipment for an extra charge. Local souvenirs can be purchased at the gift shop and karaoke rooms are available for enjoying the night.All meals are served at the dining room.Hotel Zao Kokusai is a 40-minute drive from Okama Crater and a 50-minute drive from Risshaku-ji Temple. Yamagata Airport is a 1-hour drive away.
- Very beautiful location. Comfortable spot for viewing Mt. Zao!
- The hotel was pretty nice with beautiful scenery. They offered free popsicles in the lobby. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. They spoke English. The room was beautiful and spacious and the onsen was amazing. They even have private baths that you can reserve. The best part about the hotel was it was right next to a gondola that takes you up to an awesome hike to Okama crater. Also within walking distance to the little Main Street. Over all it was a super relaxing stay.
- Spacious, beautiful Onsen near entrance of ropeway.
- Great dinner breakfast, location and free shuttle bus from/to Yamagata station
- The location was great for skiing. You can certainly ski inout from there. The Onsen is a must and its probably one of the best in town.
Takamiya Hotel Rurikura Resort
Takamiya Rurikura Resort features ski-to-door access from Yokukura ski slope, an outdoor hot spring bath and karaoke rooms. It houses a sauna and a tennis court, while the swimming pool is open in summer. The lobby offers free Wi-Fi.Basic air-conditioned rooms come with an LCD TV, a mini-bar and an electric kettle. All rooms have an attached bathroom, and yukata robes and toiletries are provided.Guests at Resort Takamiya Rurikura can unwind in the public hot spring bath or sauna free of charge, or get active playing tennis, swimming or singing karaoke at a charge. The hotel offers skiing lessons and massage treatments, while facilities include lockers, drinks vending machines and free parking.A Japanese breakfast or a breakfast buffet with Japanese dishes is served in the mornings. For dinner, the Kurikura offers a traditional kaiseki multi-course dinner around a shabushabu or sukiyaki meat dish.Located right in front of Yamagata Zao Onsen Ski Resort’s Yokokura slope, Rurikura Takamiya Resort is a 1-minute walk from Zao Ropeway. Yamagata Station is a 45-minute bus ride, and a free pick-up is available from Zao Bus Terminal upon advance request.
- The front desk service was fantastic . We were offered discounted tickets for ski rentals and ropeway night rides. Also, the took us to the bus station. Zao ropeway is in front of the hotel. Our rooms had halfboard included and the food was delicious and represented Yamagata.
- Very convenient location, right across from the ski slopes and the gondola up to the snow monsters. Meals included were fantastic, beautifully presented and amazingly fresh food. Lovely view from the room.
- Great location, directly across from Sanroku Gondola station from which you can access all 3 ski resorts around Zao Onsen. Free ski locker with the room and ski rental right beside the hotel.Loads of onsen and small restaurants within 1015mins walk Large, clean rooms
- This hotel really has it all. The staff was wonderful and very friendly, the room and location were excellent, and the food, both breakfast and dinner were amazing.
- Really great service. The staff couldnt have been more professional.
Takamiya Hotel Jurin
Offering ski-to-door access right across from Uwanodai Ski Area, Hotel Jurin features a hot spring bath, free Wi-Fi at the lobby and a restaurant. Ski equipment rentals are available, while facilities include a karaoke pub and a café lounge.Guests at Jurin Hotel can unwind in 2 kinds of hot spring baths, both separate per gender. The hotel has a 24-hour front desk, drinks vending machines and free parking.Japanese-style rooms have a tatami (woven-straw) floor, traditional futon bedding and a seating area with chairs and a coffee table. Carpeted Western rooms have beds and a seating area with a sofa. All rooms are fitted with an LCD TV, a fridge and yukata robes.Menu options at Restaurant Florence include Japanese dishes featuring famed Yamagata beef and a herb course dinner with fresh homegrown herbs. For breakfast, it serves either a buffet or a Japanese meal.Hotel Jurin is a 40-minute drive from Yamagata JR Train Station, as well as from Okama-Yama-dera Temple.
- The service was amazing!!!!! Especially when it came to my son missing out on breakfast, they hand delivered a plate for him to our room.
- Staff was awesome and helped anyway possible even with my poor Japanese speaking. Couldnt ask for a better location… right on the slopes.
- Very convenient as the hotel is located beside the ski center. Very relaxing and enjoyable experience with great servicing staff. Also having a native English staff to give advice on activity selection.
- The view from the bedroom is awesome. Ski in/out is the best.
- Perfect location for Ski in and out. Many choices for your dinner. Free shuttle service pick up from Zao terminus.
Zao Shiki no Hotel
One of our top picks in Zaō Onsen. Only a minute’s walk from Zao Onsen Ski Resort, Zao Shiki no Hotel offers Japanese Yukata robes and indoor/outdoor public hot-spring baths. Free WiFi is availble in public areas.Guests sleep in Japanese futon bedding on tatami (woven-straw) floors or in Western rooms with beds and carpeted floors. Green tea can be enjoyed and each comes with a flat-screen TV and a fridge. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and slippers.Local souvenirs can be purchased at the gift shop and massages can be requested for an extra cost. Karaoke and sauna rooms are on-site and ski storage is provided.Yama no Uta restaurant serves Japanese dishes and a breakfast buffet.Shiki no Hotel Zao is a 5-minute walk from Zao Rope Way Station, a 15-minute drive from Yamagata City Wild Plants Garden and a 90-minute drive from Okama Crater. Lina World is a 30-minute drive away. JR Yamagata Train Station is a 40-minute drive away. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- All staff members were friendly and tried to make my stay comfortable. Hotel is located 5 minutes walk to the ropeway station. The onsens were clean and comfortable. I really liked the outdoor onsen located outside of main hotel facility across the parking area.
- the breakfast and dinner were very good, the room was spacious and recently refurnished, the bus transfer to the Yamagata station was good,
- Big and clean room ,very good onzen excellence breakfast and wonderful dinner , very close to sky resort
- Low season so I I was upgraded to their renovated Japanese style rooms, very spacious and comfortable. Property is very clean and the dinner was a amazing feast.
- Room is spacious. The room can accommodate up to 5 people but we were there with just 3 so the space is more than enough. The dinner is great. Staffs at the dining room were great. They are willing to help and with smiling on their face all the time even though they are very busy and tired from running around.
Takamiya Ryokan Sou
Renovated in 2017, Meitoya Sou offers a modern-style ryokan with natural hot spring baths. Free WiFi is offered and free private parking is available on site.Guests can enjoy skiing and snowboarding in the vicinity.
Every room includes a TV and yukata robes. For your comfort, you will find slippers, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a gift shop at the property.Yamagata (Junmachi) Airport is 17 mi from the property. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Shuttle service to/from station a huge plus especially during checkin and checkout. Onsen was wonderful!
- The staff was wonderful. They were very helpful in shuttling us to the ropeway, and to the bus station. They also helped us with all the questions we had with no problem. And always went the extra mile. The facilities themselves are obviously a bit outdated. It was way too hot in the room without any directions on how to adjust the temperature. The bathroom area in the hotel room could be better and cleaner. But the actual onsen in the hotel is gorgeous. The hotel was able to cater to my vegetarian diet and still cooked my friends a great meal for their diets as well. I would definitely be willing to go back to this hotel again.
- Breakfast was lovely, I could have eaten for days. A very good filling breakfast, options between American and Japanese it was lovely
- Felt very authentic Japanese. Staff extremely friendly, attentive accommodating to our transportation needs.
- Top of our list is the staff. They are so nice, friendly, keen to help everything and professional. They made us feel comfortable and get unforgettable experience staying in the ryokan. They even standed waving and saying goodbye in front of the ryokan until our car went away. I respect that. Best services ever!!.The room is a general japanese style, but with private toilet, so it was more convenient. Dinner and breakfast are delicious with plently of variety, both traditional and western food for buffet.Recommend!!!
Set in Zao Onsen, 0.8 mi from Zao Onsen Ski Resort, 伊藤屋 offers accommodations with a shared lounge and free private parking. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a shared bathroom. The ryokan features a hot spring bath, a tour desk and free WiFi throughout the property.The units in the ryokan are equipped with a kettle.Guests at 伊藤屋 can enjoy an Asian breakfast.Guests at the accommodations will be able to enjoy activities in and around Zao Onsen, like skiing, cycling and fishing.The nearest airport is Yamagata Airport, 17 mi from 伊藤屋. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Large room, 5 minutes away from bus station,and kindly service.
- This little inn was really charming! While it was a little rough and tumble from the outside OK, and inside as well, the staff were really friendly and the onsen was really hot. The breakfast was amazing, and I slept all the way through the night, which I rarely do anywhere.
- Cozy japanese style place with onsen and superb breakfast.
- The location was great. Just a few minutes from the ski slopes.
- The inhouse Onsen was amazing, we had a beautiful room and the owners were very kind. Had a lovely evening there, would definitely come back!
Set in Zao Onsen, 0.8 mi from Zao Onsen Ski Resort, Takasagoya Ryokan offers accommodations with ski-to-door access and free private parking. With free WiFi, this 3-star ryokan offers a ski pass sales point. The ryokan features family rooms.The units in the ryokan are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Featuring a shared bathroom, rooms at Takasagoya Ryokan also have a city view.Guests at the accommodations can enjoy an Asian breakfast.Guests at Takasagoya Ryokan will be able to enjoy activities in and around Zao Onsen, like skiing.The nearest airport is Yamagata Airport, 17 mi from the ryokan. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- We requested vegetarian breakfast and the inn kindly accepted our request. They made amazing vegetarian Japanese style breakfasts that kept us full as we snowboarded all day. The staff was super helpful on the day we arrived and told us how to get the best value for snowboard rental and lift passes. Onsen was wonderful, the room was cozy and warm. We would totally go back, anytime!
- Very convenient location right on the Onsen street, across from one of the public Onsen. short walking distance to other amenities, bus station, ski lifts. And as many others have commented the meals dont disappoint!
- The location was really good from the bus station, I had a very nice room and in the morning, the lady helped me to toast my bread which was nice of her as she was busy with preparing breakfast for other guests. I had dinner there and it was really good. Stayed 3 nights and could have stayed more.
- We chose this ryokan specifically because we heard the food is amazingand we were not disappointed. The dinner and the breakfast were absolutely fantastic. The rooms were spotless and warm, the bathrooms clean, the futon comfortable, the coffee tasty and the onsen fantastically warm and refreshing.
- I really like how the owners make you feel very welcome with big warm smiles. Excellent Dinner and Breakfast.
Zao Onsen Omiya Ryokan
Only a 5-minute walk from the Yamagata Zao Onsen Ski Resort, Omiya Ryokan features Japanese-style rooms, hot spring baths and massage treatments. The hotel offers Japanese dining and ski storage facilities.Rooms at Japanese-style hotel Omiya feature a decor of tatami-mat (woven straw) flooring and futon bedding, with retro elements. They are fitted with a TV, a mini-fridge, a washstand and en suite toilet. Bathroom facilities are shared.Guests can leisurely unwind in two public hot spring baths indoors and an open-air one. They can stroll around in the Ryokan’s yukata robes and traditional wooden sandals. Facilities include a souvenir shop and drinks vending machines.A Japanese breakfast and a multi-course dinner with local dishes can be experienced in the dining room, which features Western-style furniture in a Japanese-style setting.Ryokan Omiya is a 30-minute drive from ski area Zao Liza World. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the Zao Onsen Bus Terminal, a 5-minute walk away. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- Truly an amazing experience. Dinner was amazing. Very friendly and accommodating staff.
- Everything pretty much! The onsen, the tatami, the food at the restaurant. Hint do book the dinner included very good value there was nothing else in the village of Zao Onsen that was open summer time
- Rooms, location, food, staff service, overall fantastic place despite comments below
- Everything is excellent, big clean room including delightful breakfast and dinner.Large common area with massage chair and drinks. Hotel is located near the bus station.
- Their pick up service is very convenient. You can reserve it at any time, and it goes from the bus station to the hotel also return trips. They also offer free shuttle busses from hotel to the ski or rope way area which even by walking only takes 15mins. Most of the employees are very friendly and polite. The room is well designed and big. It is kind of the best hotel on the Onsen street.
Forest Inn Sangoro
With Zao Onsen Ski Resort reachable in 1.3 mi, Forest Inn Sangoro offers accommodations, a restaurant, a bar, a shared lounge and a garden. Complimentary WiFi is featured throughout the property.The lodge offers a terrace.Skiing and cycling can be enjoyed nearby, while a bicycle rental service and ski-to-door access are also available on site.The nearest airport is Yamagata Airport, 17 mi from Forest Inn Sangoro.
- Really comfortable and fun place to stay. Hotel service/staff were great and the kitchen exceeded my expectations. If you want to stay on the hill this is a great place to do so. Felt like a home away from home.
- We like everything! We definitely would stay again if we come back in Zao!
- Incredible cozy place .. up on the hill where you can spend time doing snow activities or just chilling looking the breath taking view
- Very nice location, staff are very kind and helpful. Delicious food.
- Super awesome staffs!They are really friendly and sweet!Kunio san is very charming person, really really cute.And specially thanks the guy drove cool snow van. Forgot to ask his name, helped us carrying heavy belongings and gave us tips of snowboarding.Definitely will come back again.
Mogamitakayu Zenshichinoyu Ohira
Located just an 8-minute walk from Zao-onsen Ski Resort, Mogamitakayu Zenshichinoyu Ohira features various natural hot spring baths and stunning seasonal views of surrounding Zao mountains. 4 free private open-air baths is available at this property. Free WiFi is available in the lobby.Mogamitakayu Zenshichinoyu Ohira offers both Japanese-style rooms with traditional futon bedding and carpeted rooms fitted with Western beds. All rooms come with a TV, a fridge and a private toilet. Bathroom is shared with other guests.The property’s hot spring bathing area features open-air baths surrounded by lush greenery. Luggage storage is available at the front desk for free.Mogamitakayu Zenshichinoyu Ohira is a 6-minute walk from Uenodai Cable Car Station for the Zao Sky Cable Car. JR Yamagata Shinkansen (bullet train) Station is a 30-minute drive away.Japanese multi-course dinner featuring select local ingredients like specialty beef and fresh vegetables is served in the dining room. Traditional Japanese breakfast is also offered. This property is a ryokan, which is a type of traditional Japanese Inn. Learn more
- The private onsen was the best part of the property. It was also located close to a lift for the winter season
- The free private Onsen is great! It was open air and the view is amazing. In winter youll be surrounded by the snow while staying warm inside sulfuric water.
- I really like their private onsen. Big room and comfortable.
- WhAt i like the most in the place is the private onsen . The good stuff who helped us everytime we ask, And the place is clean too !
- great hot spring that you can enjoy landscape also, free milk.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Zao Onsen