Fisherman’s Cot, Tiverton by Marston’s Inns
One of our top picks in Tiverton. With a stunning position on the banks of the River Exe in Bickleigh, and surrounded by beautiful Devonshire countryside, Fisherman’s Cot has free Wi-Fi throughout and free parking on site.It is set between the city of Exeter and the old market town of Tiverton, with beautiful gardens to relax in and enjoy the riverside setting.Guests can try a wide range of meals in the traditional restaurant, including homemade soup, hand-carved Wiltshire ham, and homemade steak burger. Delicious desserts include white chocolate and honeycomb cheesecake, and gooey chocolate brownie.Rooms at Fisherman’s Cot are elegant in style, and each benefits from a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Rooms also have their own private bathroom.
- Attending a wedding and booked the Fishermans Cottage for an extended stay. Location was picturesque and the staff friendly hospitable and couldnt do enough to make us feel welcome. The cooked breakfast was delicious.
- Great stay but shower wasnt great and damaged toilet seat
- Had a lovely stay , the room was perfect . The staff were all so helpful and polite . Enjoyed are meals watching the river go by. Would definitely stay there again.
- No. Cooked breakfast because of virus. Location spot on for what we wanted, have stayed here before.
- Lovely room, overlooking the weir. Friendly welcoming staff. All the Covid 19 guidelines being adhered to. Lovely comfortable bed. Spotlessly clean.
One of our top picks in Tiverton. This delightful, fully licensed boutique hotel is set in a Georgian house and conveniently located in beautiful gardens half a mile from the center of Tiverton.The bar and restaurant serve exceptionally good, freshly cooked food using locally sourced ingredients. There are superior rooms of a 4-star standard, as well as conference and wedding facilities.Meals are available 7 days a week and there is a large south-facing terrace where all meals, including breakfast, can be taken. There is free Wi-Fi throughout.
- The welcoming and attentive staff, food of a high standard, convenience of location.
- Amazing staff! Squeaky clean! Tranquil ChicBeautifull rooms
- fab location for me, food and Room fabulous.Staff great, very easy to book.Perfect position for my work, I will be back as soon as situation allows.
- Claire, the front of house, was an excellent host. Changed our room to fit our travel cot.
- It was a difficult review. We late booked and were put in a room adjacent to the extractors from the kitchen. It was very hot and after a bad night they upgraded us to a very nice room for the rest of our stay. The only downside for me was that this is a very dog friendly hotel, access pretty much everywhere, and I am allergic to dogs, resulting in having to take antihistamine the whole time. Other than that personal issue, the hotel was very good. Throughout the staff were friendly and helpful.
Waterloo Cross, Devon by Marston’s Inns
A 12-minute drive from Tiverton, Waterloo Cross by Marston’s Inns offers smart rooms with attached bathroom in central Devon. Just 25 minutes from Exeter, this inn has an inviting bar and restaurant, with free Wi-Fi throughout.Each room at Waterloo Cross has private bathrooms with bath or shower. There are tea and coffee facilities in all rooms, and a flat-screen TV.A full English breakfast is served each morning. The restaurant menu features gourmet burgers, steaks and curries, along with sharing platters and lunch dishes. This inn also has an outdoor seating area.Just 5 minutes from the M5, this Marston’s Inn is a 10-minute drive from the pretty town of Cullompton. The popular market town of Honiton is 15 miles away.
- Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and pleasant. Room was very clean
- Very friendly staffNice comfortable rooms Reasonably priced with euro 65Close to M5Restaurant ok
- Room was clean and modern. Dinner served until 9pm in the bar, which suited us as we arrived quite late.
- The breakfast was excellent. Likewise the location. We will definitely visit again.
- The staff were amazing, so accommodating and couldnt do enough.
Padbrook Park Hotel
One of our top picks in Cullompton. Located in the beautiful Culm Valley, Padbrook Park Hotel is located at the southern end of Cullompton in the Devon countryside.The cozy bedrooms at Padbrook Park each have a private bathroom and tea/coffee facilities, a business desk and a Freeview TV.Ripleys Restaurant serves traditional British cuisine in intimate surroundings. There is also a modern bar, offering beverages and snacks, and full English breakfasts are served daily.Padbrook Park has business, conference, functions and wedding facilities.The historical city of Exeter is only 13 miles from Padbrook Park Hotel. Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks are both within 30 minutes’ drive.
- Good parking, comfortable room, easy WiFi access, choice for evening meal and breakfast.
- Location suited me perfectly, close to the M5 motorway and to the friends I was visiting. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast room and bar area well adapted to COVID19 regulations. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful
- My husband and I stayed for 4 days for our wedding which was at Upton Barn in Cullompton. The rooms were big and the staff couldnt do enough to make sure we were as comfortable as possible. Many of our friends and family stayed there also and made them all very welcome.
- great location, off the beaten track so nice and quiet, large car parks. good restaurant/bar, draft bitter was a bonus. breakfast was plenty although the sausage skins were tough, splitting hairs now. how about a local pork apple variety
- Very spacious family room and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The Silverton Inn
Located in the picturesque village of Silverton, The Silverton Inn offers homemade food, local beers, free parking and free Wi-Fi, just 20 minutes from Exeter center.The family-run Silverton Inn is a short drive from Killerton House, Powderham Castle and Crealy Great Adventure Parks, and is centrally located for visiting Devon.The rooms feature a TV and tea and coffee making facilities, and a full English breakfast is available. Silverton Inn has an on-site restaurant and bar, serving traditional pub meals and locally-brewed ales.Free on-street public parking is available, and a free car park is 1 minutes’ walk away.
- Great little pub, very friendly atmosphere being enjoyed by locals and people travelling alike. Room was perfectly clean, tidy and spacious. Could not want for more especially given the price excellent value for money and the food was great too. Ample free parking across the square.
- The staff were very polite, and the building itself was a stunning place
- Booked at the very last minute as a halfway stop on the way back from Cornwall. Our room was very comfortable with ensuite facilities, TV and tea/coffee. Splendid cooked breakfast included and we also ate a lovely evening dinner. Plenty to choose from the menu, all freshly cooked. Decent choice of real ales and all staff we dealt with were polite, friendly and helpful. Thank you very much!
- Just an enjoyable stay, friendly helpful staff. Booked an ensuite room and got an additional walkin dressing room
- Breakfast was lovely, staff were very friendly, room was big looked really nice
Offering a bar and shared TV lounge, Ostler Inn is located in Uffculme. Free WiFi access is available in public areas.Rooms here all come with a TV, electric kettle and carpeted floors. The private bathroom includes a hairdryer and free toiletries.Ostler Inn provides free private parking on site, and is a 5-minute drive from Tiverton Parkway Train Station. Bristol Airport is 50 miles away.
- Covid 19 puts a clamp on what was normal life. The Host and the barmaid Jill made us at home and we thank them. The atmosphere in the bar area was almost like old times full of good humour and banter. We enjoyed our few days and will certainly check the Ostlers next time we visit.
- Great selection of hot drinks and biscuits in room. Everything we needed to hand and really friendly staff. Our third stay and we would return
- The landlord was friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much troubleThe locals are very friendly and make you feel at ease
- Excellent value.Please ignore old bad reviewsA lot of work has obviously been done
- There for the villages Christmas lights switchon event. Stayed in a fabulous quirky twin room above this gorgeous old pub. Loved the route to get to and from the room completely added to the enjoyable atmosphere of the pub. The room was cosy and warm and the twin beds were both comfortable. The little ensuite provision was perfectly adequate and the shower was nice and hot with good quality towels also provided. There were teamaking facilities and an excellent assortment of drink sachets and biscuits!. Info in the room was good and we benefitted from a brochure about an excellent Chinese restaurant in a neighbouring village.
Ideally located within the Quantock and Blackdown Hills, the Beambridge Inn is just 1 miles south of Wellington, in Somerset. With easy access to the South West, it is just a few miles from junctions 26 and 27 of the M5 motorway, just off the A38.Recently refurbished, the Beambridge Inn is a characteristic country pub with modern, stylish rooms, each of which is furnished with everything you’ll need.For business events and special occasions, the Beambridge Inn offers a function room which overlooks the courtyard garden. It has a capacity for up to 100 people and can accommodate a diverse range of events and cater for almost every taste.The property is just 9 miles from Taunton and Tiverton is 13 miles away. Tiverton Parkway Train Station is 7 miles away and Taunton Railway Station is only 8 miles from the inn. The 3 Runs National Cycle Route is just a few hundred yards from the Beambridge. Exeter is 25 miles away. Guests can explore nearby National Trust sites, of Killerton House, Knightshayes, and Dumpford Hill Fort.
- this has become my goto stopover when I am visiting Wellington. Invite 2 friends to join us for evening meal as well this time excellent!
- Excellent choice for Breakfast. A reasonable nights stop with very pleasant staff and good food.
- Have stayed here at least twice before. A lovely place staff very happy and obliging and efficient. Good is cooked perfect with good variety.High standard of cleanliness and very comfy beds.
- breakfast was fine, though we only ever eat continental, so not a great challenge!
- Hosts were very welcoming, food was very tasty. Very good value for money.
The Lamb Inn
One of our top picks in Crediton. Located 20 minutes’ drive from the historic city center of Exeter, The Lamb Inn features an on-site cinema, cobbled gardens and an award-winning pub which serves food.Modern power showers are featured in each room at The Lamb Inn, as well as a flat-screen TV and a hairdryer. Orthopedic beds are also provided.A varied menu is served in the pub, including a carefully selected range of starters, roast meats and fish. Soft drinks, cocktails and real ales are also available and can be enjoyed in front of a roaring fire during the colder months.Dartmoor National Park can be reached in a 20-minute drive and offers a wide variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, cycling and horse riding. The seaside town of Exmouth and its sandy beaches are a 45-minute drive away.
- Clean and comfortable room, we were upgraded to a larger room as it was a quiet evening. The meal was great. All in all very good value for money. Lovely friendly and efficient owners/staff
- Great food and warm welcome. Very relaxed feel to the place.
- What an absolute gem. The room was tastefully decorated, extremely clean with thoughtful touches. The bed was blissfully comfortable. Ultimately what made the stay were the staff. Welcomed us with a smile and made every effort to make our stay comfortable.Make sure you book a dinner, the food is outstanding and the service is exceptional.I will definitely be back.
- The location was in a beautiful small village, the staff were welcoming and friendly, they served a continental breakfast, plenty of tea and coffee plus juice and warm pastries, toast, cereal, yoghurt and fresh fruit.Evening meals were plentiful and really tasty.The bed was comfortable, room was cosy.
- Lovely village great room friendly staff dealing well with Covid restrictions.
The family-run Rock Inn is located in the hamlet of Waterrow, within 30 minutes’ drive of Exmoor National Park and Taunton. This charming inn has a restaurant and a traditional pub.The individually designed rooms at Rock Inn have attractive décor, while the building features a mock-Tudor façade and sloping, beamed ceilings. Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, and tea making facilities and a private bathroom.The restaurant offers traditional pub food, as well as contemporary dishes prepared with locally sourced, seasonal produce. You can enjoy a selection of local real ales, Cornish lagers and malt whiskeys in the cozy pub, or out on the terrace.Bristol and its airport can be reached in less than 90 minutes by car. Exeter and Exmouth are within 35 miles of the inn.
- great location, tucked away in a little village. Short driveway to the beautiful Exmoor national park. rooms are clean and comfortable, nice little touches. the food in the restaurant is phenomenal, really delicious. Nice wine menu to. Make sure you book early.the staff go up and beyond to ensure you feel welcome and every need catered for. A lovely welcome during what is a strange time in the world. Covid19 safe. good value too. We would highly recommend this place for a night or two.
- Classy country building made you feel very warm and welcoming
- The staff, the room, the restaurant, the food, the atmosphere. All excellent.
- Very good location. Right in the middle of a forest. Good and friendly service all around. Nice large living room to chill out.
- Great location and very cosy atmosphere , the food is outstanding, the owners were absolutely brilliant and very friendly, will definitely be going back…..a lot!
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
One of our top picks in Exeter. The contemporary Holiday Inn Express Exeter offers great value accommodations with inclusive breakfast, free parking and free WiFi, all in a convenient location to explore the beautiful countryside of Devon.Every guestroom features air-conditioning, an private bathroom with power shower and a 32-inch flat-screen TV with Freeview channels.There is also a relaxing bar onsite where guests can enjoy a hearty breakfast served daily. Paninis, pizzas and burgers served in the lounge each evening.Holiday Inn Express is located in one of the commercial districts of the city, adjacent to the Met Office, just 2.8 miles from Exeter International Airport.Within easy reach, you will find Dartmoor & Exmoor National Parks. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Exmouth and Westpoint Area.
- The room was big enough for me, my husband and two daughters. Very clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was great. Plenty too choose from. Will definitely return.
- Good value and good location near the motorway for a stop during a long way to Cornwall.Room was clean and comfortable, very good breakfast
- Wasnt noisy at all, bed comfortable enough space
- Excellent location close to city centre where my son lives. Perfect for a one or 2 night stopover. Will definitely stay there again.
- Really good value. Well organised, considering the limitations.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Tiverton