This family-run guest house sits scenically on the Snæfellsnes peninsula on Iceland’s western coast, and features views of the surrounding nature from all rooms, as well as free Wi-Fi.The bright and spacious rooms at Langaholt have simple décor and a private bathroom with shower. Guests can enjoy the scenery from the shared terrace or dine at the on site restaurant.Leisure options include an on-site golf course. A geothermal swimming pool is 6 minutes’ drive away. Hiking and exploring the scenic surroundings is a popular area activity. Snæfellsjökull National Park and its visitor center is 30 mi from Langaholt.Free parking is available.
- A perfect stopover location. The staff was sparse but attentive when we found them. Everything was laidback.
- Gorgous scenery love the mountain and ocean views. Dinning room has beautiful views. The fish soup was awesome, and the meal was excelent.
- Great location. Food was amazing and staff very friendly. Will stay again when we come back
- Location was great. Away from the lights. Close to Snaefellness Park that we wanted to visit.Breakfast being included. Evening meal, Fish Stew was very good.
- Friendly and helpful staff, Very good restaurant, Good breakfast, liked the location near the beach and a farm style.
Located on Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Guest house Hof offers rooms with wooden interiors and a seating area. Arnarstapi fishing village is 25 minutes’ drive away.Housed in either a cottage or apartment, all guest rooms have access to shared bathroom. Free WiFi is available in public areas.Popular activities in the area include nature sightseeing and hiking.A geothermal swimming pool is located 4.3 mi away. Snæfellsnesjökull National Park is a 40-minute drive from Hof Guest house.
- Hot tub was nice. Walked thru sheep field to get to beach. Awesome sunset behind the mountains.
- The breakfast had a great spread. Our cabin had an ocean view and the beds were very comfortable!
- Beautiful location next to the ocean and the mountains.
- The cabin was cute and was in a beautiful location. It was so lovely falling asleep to the sound of the ocean and the seabirds.
- The location was excellent and views were great. We enjoyed the hot tub with ocean view.
Nátthagi Luxury Cottage
Nátthagi Luxury Cottage is located in Snæfellsbær. Guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site.The apartment comes with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and a terrace with lake views.If you would like to discover the area, hiking is possible nearby.
- The location could have not been more amazing and the cottage itself was second to none. This was one of the nicest places Ive ever stayed on vacation. The furnishings were absolutely gorgeous and the views breathtaking. Better than any photo. The host was so lovely and welcoming.
- The house is on the northwest peninsula that is full of beautiful wonders. House itself is better than any pictures can show, especially sunrises and sunsets
- This cottage is amazing, definitely our best stay on Iceland trip. It has everything you need and it makes you wanting to stay there and not go anywhere else, especially when it is raining outside. We really appreciated washing machines and all kitchen facilities, as we were making our own meals during the stay. Grill outside is also great. During the day we saw sheeps and horses not far from the house, and owners dog is adorable.
- great location, great cottage. close to the major landscapes and points of interest. In the middle of the nature, great quietness, great furniture inside the cottage. a pure gem that is perfect for a group of 5 or a family. the best cottage in my 15 day trip in Iceland
- Incredible place to stay, every detail was thought of in the cottage it was all so beautiful! Very peaceful and secluded in the stunning Icelandic nature.
Set in the quiet countryside of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, this family-run guest house is 45 minutes’ drive from Stykkishólmur town center. It offers free Wi-Fi, along with an on-site restaurant and bar.The bright, simply decorated rooms at Kast Guest house all have wooden floors and views of the surrounding nature. Guests can choose rooms with either private or shared bathroom facilities.Communal areas include a TV lounge. Guest house Kast staff arranges fishing licenses, as well as horse riding tours and hiking trips.A swimming pool with naturally carbonated geothermal water is just 0.6 mi away, while Snæfellsjökull National Park is 28 mi from the property. Reykjavík is a 2-hour drive away.
- Very friendly staff on a chilly evening to welcome us. Dinner was just right. We will return.
- The location is beautiful and the people are very kind.
- The staff was amazing very attentive and friendly. The room was very functional, and the public building and restaurant is very warm and welcoming. The dinner was fantastic.
- Great bread. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Highly recommend the Kast guesthouse. snaefellsnes Is my favorite area in Iceland. There are so many things to visit and the location of the Guest house is perfect
- Snuggled next to the mountain ridge that runs the length of the Snfellsnes peninsula, the Kast Guesthouse is a quiet comfortable place to spend the night or to use as your base for exploring this part of Iceland. The rooms are new and clean, the water is hot, and the restaurant on the property serves tasty food and decent prices. The folks working at the guesthouse are excellent sources of information about the area and can offer tips on hidden sights, photography, and places to stop for a bite while youre off on your adventure.
Located in Snæfellsbær, Lysuholl has a bar, shared lounge, garden, and free WiFi. Boasting family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.The rooms in the guest house are fitted with a kettle. All rooms at Lysuholl are fitted with a seating area.A buffet breakfast is available each morning at the accommodations.Guests at Lysuholl will be able to enjoy activities in and around Snæfellsbær, like hiking.The nearest airport is Bíldudalur Airport, 56 mi from the guest house.
- The homecooked dinner was the best meal we had in Iceland! It feels like youre being hosted in someones home. Its cozy, beautiful and a one of a kind Iceland experience. I highly recommend this as a part of your Iceland adventure!
- Location is on a horse farm. Free standing cabin, very quiet, great view. Whats not to like?
- Bungalow was nice and clean and relatively new. Amenities provided was sufficient.
- Wonderful stay. The Family went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and were tremendously helpful sorting out my travel arrangements. The cabin was clean and comfortable with an amazing view. The home cooked meals were delicious with something for everyone! The horses were wonderful and I will never forget my ride on the beach with a rainbow behind me. Thank you to everyone at Lysuholl for making my stay so memorable. Marianne
- Amazing view and friendly owners. Horse riding was super easy and accommodating for kids. The cabin was simple but great for a family. There was enough space and beds for our three kids which isnt easy to find in Iceland.
Tradir Guest house offers accommodations in Snaefellsbaer and horse riding with Icelandic horses. WiFi access is available in public areas. It offers an on-site restaurant, as well as rooms with a view of the Atlantic Ocean or Snaefellsjökull Glacier.A shared lounge and tour desk can alo be found at Guest house Tradir. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking.The village of Ólafsvík village is 24 mi away. The property offers free parking.
- We really enjoyed the 2 hour Icelandic horseback ride with Jackie on the beach! Beautiful, horses were great, and company was nice. The blackout curtains were perfect and the kitchenette was greatly appreciated, as was the sink in the room.
- The cabin we stayed in was so charming and well outfitted and comfortable. We would recommend the cabin to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
- A basic facility as described. The location was great we were right on the water. Our quad room bunks was very clean and worked well for our family of 4. The owner was very responsive when I had several questions about directions and when we could check in.
- Wonderful location, right on the beach. Its like camping but a lot more comfortable. Very accommodating host also helped us arrange for a late dinner after an exhausting day of sight seeing. My family loved it!
- The common area is very nice with good decoration. The room shower toilet are so clean and kitchenroom bathroom bedroom are separately section so it wont make a noise i love here
Found 14 mi east of Snæfellsnes National Park, this hotel offers bright, modern rooms with private bathrooms. WiFi and parking are free. Snæfellsjökull Volcano is within 20 minutes’ drive.Hotel Búdir’s light, airy rooms have a TV, DVD player and hairdryer. Most have showers, while some include an in-room bathtub. Each room features glacier, lava fields or sea views.Seafood and lamb dishes are served in the cozy dining room. The in-house wine expert has carefully chosen wines to suit the traditional Icelandic food.Helicopter sightseeing trips, glacier hikes and whale watching can be arranged by Búdir Hotel. Ólafsvík is 14 mi from Hotel Búdir, while Arnarstapi is 12 mi away.
- Clean, comfortable room. Room kept the cold weather out and the heat in. Nice lobby, observation deck, and bar for happy hour. Staff incredibly friendly, helpful, upbeat disposition. Receptionist very knowledgeable about the area and trilingual at least.
- Location was beautiful, hotel is gorgeous, staff are sweet and very helpful, restaurant was delicious. Easy to travel to, and very accommodating with timing. Was able to check in a little early since our flight came in very early in the morning.
- Excellent location to see the northern lights if the conditions are propitious.Staff was friendly and polite. English was not a problem.I recommend this location.
- Charming, cozy, location and view were incredible, beds were comfortable, lounge areas were plentiful and the food was wonderful
- The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is terrific. All three meals I had were excellent.
Grund í Grundarfirdi
This guest house is located in Grundarfjordur in Western Iceland and features free Wi-Fi access. Snæfellsjökull National Park is 24 mi from the property.Some rooms offer sea or mountain views. Guests have access to a shared kitchen, common lounge and laundry room. Guests share 3 showers and 4 toilets.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including hiking and quadbiking.The property offers free parking. Reykjavik Airport is 108 mi away.
- Everything great view, beds, price was instructed via the phone which apartment we had and key was on the door would book again !
- HIGHLY recommend this place if you are in the area. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Nice and bright rooms, very clean and tidy. Kitchen is well equipped, you can find some tea and coffee, some condiments and some snacks left by other travelers. Bathroom has a very relaxing shower. From the property you have a beautiful and clear view to the famous mountain Kirkjufell. Its situated in a calm area but close to Grundarfjrur, a lovely beautiful small Icelandic town where you can find shops and restaurants. Had a really nice time drinking some hot tea outside looking at the marvelous Kirkjufell but also the snowy mountains around the town. Perfect place to also watch the sunset. Planing to come back next year .
- The quietness and not far from the Kirkjufell. There is the kitchen in the common area for guest to use.
- The rooms were bigger than expected. Great location, out of the city just enough!
- The location was good. Had access to a very well equipped kitchen. I was in room 1 which had ensuite bath and on first floor. Thinking rooms upstairs didnt have showers because everyone was showering in one of the two showers downstairs. More rooms are being added.
Kirkjufell Guesthouse and Apartments
One of our top picks in Grundarfjordur. Kirkjufell Guesthouse and Apartments is located in Grundarfjordur. Among the facilities at this property are a shared kitchen and a shared lounge, along with free WiFi throughout the property. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.Some rooms come with a kitchenette with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge.
- It was absolutely clean, near the beach, the staff was friendly.
- We had a beautiful view from our room and everything was clean and new.
- Very good view and location, I think is actually easy to find.Were a little bit late for check in but the staff is really patient to wait.We arrived very late but check in is relatively easy.
- The room was very clean and modern, there is Ne5flix available. Great views of mount Kirkjufell.
- We were at number 6, amazing view to look at while you sip a hot chocolate is the stormy weather as it was today.
One of our best sellers in Grundarfjordur! Offering free WiFi and garden views, G4 Apartment is a property located in Grundarfjordur. This self-catered apartment has a garden and free private parking.The apartment comes with 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a fridge, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath.
- The apartment felt like a home in a our long trip. It was ample and bright. The kitchen has a good view.
- This was my favorite place we stayed in 8 nights in Iceland. I liked the spaciousness of the apt, 2 bedrooms, windows everywhere, sun streaming in, the setting was incredible right on the water and with gorgeous mountains behind us, and in a cute little town. heated bathroom floor! Eclectic furnishing and decor.
- Spacious, ground floor flat in an older building. It was a warm and comfortable place and afforded us the chance to relax after being in the West Fiords.
- Lovely apartment . It had every facility and a beautiful back drop of lake and mountains.We were there for one night enroute our trip in the Snfellsnes Peninsula and loved it .Ms signy was very Very prompt and addressed all our questions with patience.Thank you so much .
- Owner was friendly and responded quickly to my questions. Really enjoyed being able to take a hot bath at the apartment.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Langaholt