This modern hotel is peacefully located in the southern Icelandic village of Kirkjubaejarklaustur, a 1-hour drive from Skaftafell National Park and the Vatnajokull glacier. All rooms include a flat-screen TV.Simple, yet modern décor is featured in each Hotel Klaustur guest room. Some rooms also have coffee/tea making facilities and a hairdryer.Hotel Klaustur’s in-house restaurant offers a breakfast buffet and a dinner menu. The restaurant features spectacular mountain views. In the evening, guests can relax with a drink in the bar’s cozy arm chairs.On site, there are 2 electric vehicle charging stations.Area leisure activities include a neighboring swimming pool, Systravatn lake, 1,950 feet away and Klausturheiði mountain, 1,000 feet away.
- Well maintained hotel with very comfortable beds. Everything was clean. Breakfast very tasty with various choices.
- Hotel Klaustur is a relatively big hotel for rural Iceland, but still keeps its charm. The check in staff and management are super friendly and the rooms are comfortable. Perfect location as there is lots to explore around the area.
- The original room we booked was small but the staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a two room suite which included an amazing breakfast. Very spacious with an amazing soaking tub.
- The breakfast was excellent and the service exceptional.
- We loved our two nights at Hotel Klaustur. The location provided good access to Skaftafell and Vatnajokull National Park even on short winter days. The food was very good breakfasts and dinner and the staff was lovely.
Located within 1.9 mi of Kirkjugólf and Systrafoss twin waterfalls, Magma Hotel offers accommodations in Kirkjubæjarklaustur. Rooms are modern with Nordic design and free WiFi. Views of the lava-fields, black sand river and even Vatnajäkull Glacier can be enjoyed from the hotel.Rooms come with a flat-screen TV and private bathroom. Some room feature a patio looking out towards the impressive South Iceland nature.Vik is 45 mi from Magma Hotel. Skaftafell and Svartifoss waterfall are about a 50-minute drive away.
- This place ties for the best place I stayed at in Iceland the little cabins were outstandingly designed and outfitted with just the right combination of comfort and style. The whole room window onto a small lake was beautiful, the decor looked amazing and the beds were far too comfortable. The bathroom with its separate radiant floor heating line that kept it nice and warm was a great addition not to mention the wonderful shampoo and body wash that costs an arm and a leg retail.Breakfast was great and dinner extra charge for that was exceptional with the staff outstanding.Really I cant overstate how awesome this place was. If you are passing by this area and its in or even slightly over budget stay here, you wont regret it.
- The staffs are very nice. Told us how to use various websites about northern light. Saw northern light though it was faint. Much better than nothing.
- The stafg was friendly anf passionate about their work, the place and their guests. The beds are exceptionally comfortable and the view from the deluxe cabin was beautiful.
- Amazing hotel, design, the workers are sooo nice and talented!!!
- We loved the individual huts and the view from the water. Absolutely beautiful!
Located by Road 206, this family-run guest house is 5 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur village. It offers brightly decorated guest rooms and free WiFi in public areas. Laki Golf Club is 6.8 mi away.A seating area is featured in all rooms at Hunkubakkar Guest house. Guests can choose between private or shared bathrooms. Some rooms include a terrace.Breakfast is served each morning. Drinks can be enjoyed at Hunkubakkar’s bar.The Fagrifoss waterfall is 12 mi away. Skaftafell National Park is 48 mi from the guest house.
- We loved the hostess of the hotel! She especially made breakfast for my sister and me even though the main restaurant was closed due to the COVID19 outbreak. Our room was a super cute cabin that had a great view of the woods and is located very close to a famous canyon.
- We arrived late and they graciously accommodated us for dinner. The dinner was delicious and the staff was amazing when the northern lights made a display! They kept our food warm and we were able to eat when we had our fill of the auroras! The location was great between Vik and Skaftafell with the added bonus of the canyon nearby. Highly recommend!
- The cabins were perfect. Staff friendly. Very clean. Great location. Excellent value. Would absolutely stay again.
- Absolutely beautiful sunrise. Food was delicious. Room was cute, comfy and huge. I loved this place!
- We booked 2 rooms with shared bathroom, so we stayed in same cabin. The room is a little bit tiny, but with washstand. The room is comfy. The dining area is sweet and warm. The breakfast is pretty good. The location is the best! Its very closed to Fjarrgljfur. So we could enjoy early morning sunshine in Fjarrgljfur.
The Holiday Houses
This property is located 14 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur and 30 mi from Vík. The Holiday Houses offers accommodations with free WiFi.Each unit features a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. There is also a seating area with a sofa, a TV and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. A toaster and coffee machine are also available.
- The whole experience vas very enjoyable. We had a wonderfull time and everything was perfect. The views from the houses are fantastic.
- Very cozy holiday house, all the necessary amenities can be found there. The beds were very comfortable. An amazing view from the window, very convenient placement in between of Vik and Kirkjubjarklaustur. The property was very helpful and responsive.
- Loved the location remote!, the vibe of the cabin, the comfy bed, the kitchen facilities, the view of the night sky. It felt like my own home and I loved it.
- Great place for the three of us! Plenty of room and very clean. When the wind knocked the power out they were very responsive. Great place to stay
- There are few places to stay in the area, and this one was just the right distance to halep us get to diamond beach and back again. There is a new bridge so the road and signage getting has changed form the ring road, but thats not the hosts fault! Its wasnt too cramped for our family of 6 for a 12 night stay, and I could make it work for longer if need be for a base camp, which I imagine most people are using this for. We needed a spot halfway between diamond beach and reykjavik and this was a great spot.
Eldhraun Holiday Home
Eldhraun Holiday Home is located 20 minutes’ drive from Kirkjubæjarklaustur. It includes a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi access and a private terrace with lake and mountain views.The holiday house features wooden interiors and high ceilings. A seating area, flat-screen TV and dining table feature in the combined living room. The holiday house also has a bathroom with shower.At Eldhraun Holiday Home you will find a hot tub, a garden and barbecue facilities. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking. The property offers free parking.The Route 1 Ring Road is 14 mi away.
- A quaint holiday home in the middle of a lava field. The house is warm with a proper size bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. We rented a two bedroom, one is a triple bed and the other one double. We are a group of 5. The fifth person sits in the sofa bed. The bunk bedia more suitable for smaller kid.This is one of the best property we stayed throughout our trip
- Everything was wonderful!Get the breakfast. Its worth it!
- Nice cabin, feels really warm and comfy, staff helpful, hot tube makes a plus, totally worth it
- All excellent. It was definitely off the beaten path!
- Hot tub was nice. There was a nice selection of pots and pans. It was nice to have a coffee maker too. Hosts brought new set of clean towels next day. Friendly dog in the neighborhood the kids enjoyed.
Hólaskjól is located in northern Fjallabaksleið, and offers a garden and a terrace. The property features mountain and river views, plus is 4.3 mi from Eldgjá.The accommodations is equipped with a kitchen and a bathroom with a toilet and a sink.If you would like to discover the area, cycling and hiking are possible in the surroundings.
- Setting is gorgeous! Drive was super exciting since it is quite far from the main road. No issues whatsoever getting there. Hike to the waterfall behind the property was one of the highlights of our trip. Pillows of moss as far as eye can see. It was fairy tale magical! Since the cottage is just that a true cottage we did not expect luxury of any kind. Host was very nice and has answered our many questions about the Highlands. Wish we could have stayed longer to explore the hiking paths in the area.
- Words cant describe how beautiful this place is. There was a waterfall hike right behind our cabin what an amazing surprise! The staff was super friendly too!
- Beautiful setting in the mountains, very remote. Theres an amazing waterfall a short walk from the cabin!
- The host was really nice, the cabin was convenient to enjoy our stay ! the place is really nice, beautiful waterfall next to the cabins, 10min walk, it is definitely a good place to stay before entering into the national park.
- Wifi in the middle of nowhere is awesome. The receptionist lady Is super nice. Best regards, Ig cardographie
Set 16 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur in the South Iceland Region, 25 mi from Fagrifoss, Hvoll Guest house features a barbecue and views of the mountain. Systrafoss twin falls is 15 mi away.All rooms are fitted with a shared bathroom. Hvoll Guest house features free WiFi .There is a shared kitchen at the property.Svartifoss Waterfall and Skaftafell National Park are 29 mi away from Hvoll Guest house, while Vik is 58 mi away.
- Lady at the reception was sweet enough to give us a better room since the room we booked was small.. services were great.. too many bathrooms and multiple kitchens..very big dining hall…
- This was my second time staying at Hvoll Guesthouse. The guesthouse, staff, and scenery were great, as always
- There are 4 small well equipped kitchens easy for us to cook for our own and dont need to squeeze with other, spacious and comfort dining area.WiFi isnt available when we went in, but owner prompt solved up and resume WiFi after we issued.
- Nice place to stay with very clean rooms and bathrooms. Lovely breakfast with owners who were happy to share information about the area.
- Surrounding nature is simply amazing. Everything was clean, large kitchens to prepare food. Simple check in and out.
Adventure Hotel Geirland
Adventure Hotel Geirland is 1.9 mi off the Route 1 Ring Road and 3 minutes’ drive from Kirkjubæjarklaustur village. All rooms offer tea/coffee facilities and views of the surrounding mountain ridge.Some of Geirland’s cozy rooms are set in individual cottages in the garden. Free Wi-Fi and a TV are available in the main building.Guests can enjoy an onsite restaurant and bar. Lunch packs can be made on request.Skaftafell National Park is 60 minutes’ drive from Adventure Hotel Geirland.
- The hotel has a fabulous restaurant and is convenient to watch northern lights a little bit out of the city.The room was great and had everything we needed
- Stayed in the triple room for 1 night. The girl on the reception was very helpful and patient. Clean bathroom. Kettle in the room. The location is good for stopover between golden ring sites and glacier lagoon. The breakfast was very good.
- The breakfast was very good. The grounds were clean and well maintained. It was a charming place to stay. It was also in a good location, halfway between Vik and Jokusarlon.
- The staff was amazing very helpful and nice. The breakfast was good and the countryside views are lovely
- Restaurant had a nice dinner menu and happy hour drinks 58 pm.
Cabin 9 is set in Kirkjubæjarklaustur, 17 mi from Fagrifoss, in an area where hiking can be enjoyed. This villa has a garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.The villa features 4 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.At the villa guests are welcome to take advantage of a sauna. A sun terrace is available for guests to use at Cabin 9.
No reviews yet.
With unspoiled views towards the Vatnajökull Glacier, this countryside guest house is 16 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur village. Hiking can be enjoyed directly from the property, and free WiFi is available.Dalshöfdi Guest house offers light rooms with a neutral décor and shared bathroom facilities. Each bedroom has a sink and looks out onto the garden and surrounding landscapes. There are two apartments available, four twin rooms with shared facilities and one single room with shared facilities.Skaftafell National Park is 29 mi from Dalshöfdi Guest house, while the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and Fjadrárgljúfur Canyon are 62 mi from the property.
- The property is 5 K off the mAin road and an amazing location. Completely lovely couple. The breakfast waffles were so welcome!I recommend, if you are to arrive after sunset, SCOUT the location by google map satellite OR drive there ahead of check in time the road is a little tricky in the dark.Clean, crisp.Ask for the wifi password in advance.This guest house has THE BEST MARKING SIGN on all of the Southern Ring road
- Everything was absolutely wonderful! The owners were friendly and hospitable and I would stay here again in a second.
- Very clean and welcoming and location great for seeking Aurora
- Dalshofdi is set away from the main Route 1 in a beautiful setting with waterfalls and interesting walking country nearby. Shared kitchen facilities were very useful given the somewhat remote location. Friendly staff with time to talk about the local area and Icelandic culture.
- Very clean. Room was goodsized. Decent breakfast.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Kirkjubæjarklaustur