Frost and Fire Hotel
Found by bubbling geothermal springs in Hveragerdi, this hotel offers an outdoor pool and 2 hot tubs. All rooms include bathrobes, slippers and a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Wi-Fi is free.Frost and Fire Hotel’s rooms feature bright, modern décor and work by various Icelandic artists. All have wooden floors, large beds and a private bathroom. Some rooms offer views of the River Varmá.Restaurant Reykr is next to the hotel and offers à la carte dishes. It is decorated by Icelandic designers and offers river views. Local, organic farms provide many of the breakfast products.Thingvellir National Park is a 40-minute drive from Hotel Frost and Fire. A tourist office and local shops are within 10 minutes’ walk.
- Has the most unique style of the hotel of the 4 we stayed in in Iceland.
- Hot pools overlooking the river, very friendly staff, great views from room
- Such a cute boutique hotel. Lovely staff. Clean and stylish rooms. My husband and I keep referring back to the place and end up getting nostalgic every time.
- Great restaurant for dinner. Great buffet breakfast. Great atmosphere.
- We stayed in the hotel when it was a storm outside, so it was hard to enjoy even a hot tube or to go for a walk. But room was nice and warm, with big tv screen and even netflix, so the evening was great at the end. Staff recommended some great places for dinner and breakfast in the morning was very good. I imagine it s more lively in the summer there.
Featuring an outdoor pool, hot tub and sauna on site, this hotel offers accomodation in Hveragerdi, 28 mi from Reykjavik. There is free private parking and free WiFi. Hveragerdi Geothermal Park is 1,950 feet away.Hotel Örk’s guest rooms include a refrigerator, work desk and satellite TV. Some also have a seating area. The spacious bathrooms contain both a bath and shower.Traditional Icelandic cuisine is served at Hver Restaurant. Other hotel facilities include a bar and games room with billiards and table tennis. Guests can also enjoy free access to the neighboring 9-hole golf course.Hiking trips to the Hengill volcanic area, as well as horseback riding excursions can be organized by Hotel Örk staff.Raufarholshellir Lava Tunnel is 9.3 mi away from Hotel Örk, while Selfoss is 8.1 mi away.
- I was traveling with my granddaughter soon turning 9 as her biggest wish was to stay at a hotel. After searching online she decided that Htel rk was the most beautiful hotel with a swimming pool and slider. The wonderful staff member in the lobby realized right away who was the main guest and treated her with so much excellence that I will always be grateful. You made her experience exceptional. She loved the room, the pool, and found the breakfast a feast. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. We had a wonderful stay.
- The preferred beds were not provided, anyhow we were pleased with the room and did not complain.
- We booked a room here last minute due to weather preventing us from getting to our intended destination. Very easy check in, nice room at a fair price. The breakfast buffet was extensive and good, with self serve espresso machine!
- Staff was very kind, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best we got so far in Iceland. The pool and amenities are great. This is overall a great place to stay.
- Great welcoming staff, clean and modern with a great breakfast buffet. Happy hour was happy!
This eco-friendly hotel, 30 minutes’ drive from Reykjavik, is surrounded by nature in the town of Ölfus. It offers free use of an outdoor wooden hot tub and arranges Icelandic horse riding tours on site.Quality beds, along with a TV, desk and seating area are provided in all Hótel Eldhestar rooms. Décor is inspired from Iceland’s nature. Each room has a private entrance with direct access to the surrounding fields.Guests can relax in the communal fireplace lounge, in the bar or on the sun terrace during nice weather. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas. Eldhestar also has a restaurant with a daily special.The Blue Lagoon with its hot springs and spa, as well as Reykjavik Airport, are both 40 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- The best thing is the hot tub, which can be used until 10 pm. Its a shared hot tub though, but we had it in front of our room, which was nice. The rooms are big, breakfast is really good and varied, and the staff is super friendly.
- Cool experience staying at a horse farm and doing one of the horse tours. The facility was very clean and the staff very helpful. Very close to a Viking restaurant as well. Great breakfast!
- Room was bigger than expected. Very clean, breakfast was great. Good spot to start golden circle trip after coming back from the south coast. Wish we could have spent some time with the horses they had there. Would definitely stay again!
- The breakfast was amazing. It was well worth the price.
- Great location right by a town with great things to do
The Greenhouse Hotel
The Greenhouse Hotel has a restaurant, free bikes, an outdoor swimming pool and bar in Hveragerði. This 3-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service. There is a terrace and guests can make use of free WiFi and free private parking.At the hotel, all rooms are equipped with a wardrobe. At The Greenhouse Hotel the rooms are fitted with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.A complimentary small breakfast bag is included. Guests can also enjoy a buffet breakfast at an extra surcharge.The Greenhouse Hotel offers 3-star accommodations with a hot spring bath. Guests at the hotel will be able to enjoy activities in and around Hveragerði, like hiking and cycling.The nearest airport is Reykjavík Domestic Airport, 29 mi from The Greenhouse Hotel.
No reviews yet.
Gljúfurbústaðir Holiday Homes
One of our best sellers in Hveragerði! Located in Hveragerði in the South Iceland region, Gljúfurbústaðir Holiday Homes features a terrace and mountain views. Housed in a building dating from 2001, this holiday home provides free WiFi and free private parking.Featuring a DVD player, the holiday home has a kitchen with a microwave, a fridge and an oven, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a hot tub and a shower. A flat-screen TV is provided.The holiday home offers a hot tub. A barbecue is available on site and hiking can be enjoyed within close proximity of Gljúfurbústaðir Holiday Homes.The nearest airport is Reykjavík Domestic Airport, 27 mi from the accommodations.
- The cottage is a perfect jump off location for the golden circle. Was great to come back to a nice hot tub to soak in after a long day away. Saw the northern lights just on top the ridge.
- Super cozy! Loved the hot tub. Had a wonderful soak with the snow coming down.
- Wonderful place. Would definitely stay here again. Holiday Homes were clean, well spaced for privacy, and well maintained. The hot tub was private and easy to use. Great view of the Northern Lights if you get lucky with the weather. Cabins had a small refrigerator, standard coffee maker with coffee and filters, microwave, and range with oven. Hveragerdi is a great location between Reykjavik and the South Coast attractions. Good restaurants in town as well as a nice bakery for breakfast.
- Excellent location. Felt secluded but was nearby to a town with restaurants and other amenities. View of coast from the property was beautiful.
- Student group. We had a wonderful time! Great location, beautiful setting! Kitchen was well equipped for cooking. Cozy home base for all of our adventures!
INNI – Boutique apartments
One of our top picks in Hveragerði. Located in Hveragerði, 29 miles from Reykjavík, INNI – Boutique apartments provides a terrace and free WiFi. The accommodations feature a sauna.Each unit features a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a seating area, a flat-screen TV, a washing machine, and a private bathroom with hot tub and a hairdryer. Some units feature a dining area and/or a patio.The condo hotel offers a hot tub.The nearest airport is Reykjavík Domestic Airport, 29 miles from INNI – Boutique apartments.
- Excellent apartment, fully equipped, clean and nicely decorated! Beautiful environment, very well situated! Will definitely recommend!
- The property was beautiful and a perfect place to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. It was very clean and had everything we needed. The bathroom and a half was key with four people sharing the space. It was tastefully decorated and will very possibly be one of our favorite places from our trip! The staff was friendly and very responsive to any needs.
- The space was well furnished and expertly appointed. It just felt like home
- Inni supplied all the necessary kitchen staples. The hot tub and steam room were terrific. This is a great location to access the golden circle. We loved the style and comfort of our unit.
- Exceptionally clean, beautiful decor, and had everything necessary for our stay Comfortable beds, clean bathroom with excellent water pressure, kitchen with all necessary supplies including Nespresso machine and free pods, washer with detergent, bathrobes and slippers, and plenty of towels. Perfect location to Golden Circle sites. Very detailed guide of the property and surrounding shops, sites, etc.
Varmi Guesthouse Apartments
These modern, self-catering apartments are located in the village of Hveragerdi, 28 mi from Reykjavík. Each offers free Wi-Fi, a well-equipped kitchen and access to a shared, furnished garden terrace.The 1-bedroom Varmi Guest house Apartments all have a seating area with a sofa bed and TV. Each has a private bathroom with a shower and toiletries.Staff can help arrange horseback riding trips. Free public parking is possible next to Varmi Guest house.The area is known for their heated greenhouses and volcanic hot springs that are popular to hike around. Restaurants, shops and a public swimming pool are within a 10-minute walk, while Selfoss is less than 8.7 mi away.
- The apartment is roomy and nicely decorated. The kitchen is well equipped.
- It was close to great restaurants and the lovely hot springs. Very friendly hosts!!!
- The house is awesome, super big and clean. Its also fully equipped and the hosts were terrific! Great place to stay, wed definitely come back again!
- Amazing place well furnished, very clean, huge, excellent amenities coffee maker, oven, tea/coffee and filters all provided, beautiful home, comfortable bed, and easy checkin via door code. I would absolutely stay here and recommend it to any traveler in the area.
- This is a spacious for 2 or 3, very very clean, beautiful place to stay. Highly recommend and would definitely stay again! Host was nice and ready to help, if needed. Great location and excellent cooking facilities. Plenty of TV stations if you desire with British and American TV shows. Largest and best place we stayed in Iceland.
Strýta Guest house is located in Hveragerði. This property offers access to a terrace, free private parking and free WiFi.This holiday home is equipped with 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 1 bathroom equipped with a hot tub.The holiday home offers a hot tub. A barbecue is available on site and hiking can be enjoyed within close proximity of Strýta Guest house.The nearest airport is Reykjavík Domestic Airport, 27 mi from the accommodations.
- Home was roomy for our group, very clean, and had everything we needed. Views of the horses were fantastic.
- The location was a great central place to explore into Reykjavik, the golden Circle and the south coast. The house was adorable, quiet, well appointed and the host was very sweet. There were Icelandic horses right off our deck! We would definitely recommend this house to friends and stay here again ourselves!
- Best place we stayed the entire trip! Very clean and had everything we needed. Beautiful view of the field and horses. Very convenient to restaurants, groceries, Golden Circle, and as the starting point to the South Shore.
- Beautiful location, clean property. Has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and a pull out sofa, jacuzzi, stocked kitchen and laundry room. The horses can come close to the porch, views are gorgeous. Exactly as described. Host was accommodating and responsive. Town of Selfoss is only a short drive away with some nice places to eat and other amenities. Make sure you take an evening walk around the property, we were able to take some amazing scenic landscape and horse pictures. If you want a good meal close by check out Kaff Krs for breakfast or diner.
- The hot tub was clean, the kitchen was stocked and the location was beautiful and peaceful after long days of hiking/sightseeing. Conveniently located for our Golden Circle days.
This guest house, set in peaceful surroundings just off Iceland’s Ring Road, has views of Ingolfsfjall Mountain. It offers a communal lounge, free WiFi in public areas and free on-site parking. Selfoss town center is a 10-minute drive away.Many rooms at Hotel Hjardarbol have a private bathroom with shower. Some also include a sofa.Guest house Hjardarból’s terrace offers beautiful mountain views. Local handcrafts are sold at the souvenir shop. Staff can help arrange activities like hiking, bird watching and horse riding. Breakfast is served each morning.Reykjavik city center is a 35-minute drive from the property. Keflavik Airport is a 1.5-hour drive away.
- I mixed it up. I wrote the good stuff above. No issues with this guest house
- Its a beautiful and quite place. Rooms are clean and cozy. Staff is very friendly. Will repeat for sure when coming back to Iceland.
- Nice and friendly staff, it was very clean. Would recommend it to anyone coming to Iceland!
- It was my second stay here. First one was with my friends, second one with my wife. Both of them were great. Guest house is located in quiet place far from main roads. Staff is very kind and polite. There are two hot tubes outside, good to chill there. Rooms are small, bathroom are shared, but very cozy and warm. There are few dogs and cat , its making there atmosphere of home. Did not find on the Booking.com note about the kitchen there, but it is. So you may cook , store your products in a fridge, boil water etc.
- Great and friendly place to stay. Two nice dogs to greet you and a large breakfast. Handknit sweaters and other local art available for good price in the main office. Highly recommend!
Located in Hveragerði, Sigga’s home provides self-catering accommodations with a balcony and free WiFi.The family stay has a flat-screen TV. The family stay also provides guests with a bathroom.A continental breakfast is available daily at the family stay.Reykjavík is 29 miles from Sigga’s home. The nearest airport is Reykjavík Domestic Airport, 29 miles from the accommodation.
- Very clean and inviting place. Not too far from some restaurants. Free parking in front of the building. The bedroom is one room in a house with a shared bathroom the owner lives there. This fact should have been in the description of the place… But anyways, it was a really nice place to stay and the owner lady was very inviting, pleasant and never interfering us. We definitely recommend this place!
- The accommodation is a lovely homestay that is very comfortable. The room has very comfy beds and we enjoyed the complimentary Netflix access. Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of breakfast stuff including varieties of Icelandic bread. The host was very welcoming and offered suggestions what to do and see in the area.
- Comfortable beds in a nice bedroom, delicious breakfast and a very friendly host. The town is nice and the apartment is close to the thermal river hike.
- pohodln postele dobr sndan vetn islandskch specialit a jejho okomentovn hostitelka je pjemn pan, se kterou je fajn prohodit pr slov dobr vchoz bod pro nvtvu rznch zajmavost je to v podstat mylenka toho, jak mlo zprvu fungovat Airbnb, tzn. bt soust hostitelovy domcnosti, lovk tak me pozorovat bn ivot, ale zrove m sv soukrom
- Nem klnll szllshely, hanem csak egy szoba amit a hzi nni nem hasznl. A reggeli tlagos, de finom volt. Az gy knyelmes, szp tiszta szoba, hlszoba.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Hveragerði