Located 10 minutes’ drive from Route 1 Ring Road, this guest house offers rooms with free WiFi access and private or shared bathroom facilities. Kirkjubaejarklaustur village is 22 mi away.The individually decorated rooms at Hrifunes Guest house include bed linen and towels. Free toiletries are also available.Meals are served at Guest house Hrifunes’ in-house restaurant. Guests have access to a shared lounge.Vatnajokull National Park is a 45-minute drive away. Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon is a 1.5-hour drive from the guest house.
- It is a charming place to stay. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend it.
- Just an amazing place to stay. Based near a lake with the islandic nature around. The room was really clean and spacious. The breakfast was perfect, with fresh, homemade bread every day. The best part was the dinner. Every night the owner prepares a buffet for the customers with local and international dishes. Really good feeling to sit among people from everywhere and have dinner. Garpur, their amazing dog will be around for hugs!
- Hrifunes felt like authentic Iceland. The setting, the facilities, the rooms, the staff, and the food were exceptional. My group of 17 stayed at 6 different locations in Iceland but Hrifunes was their favorite. It is conveniently located east of Vik but close enough to Skaftafell and the glacial lagoons. It is truly exceptional and it is on my return list of places to stay for my next group trip.
- Breakfast and dinner at a community table was a highlight of the trip. The food was delicious and meeting people from other countries was absolutely wonderful.
- The room was large, clean and decorated nicely and the bathroom was beautiful. We had an awesome view of the countryside. Our hosts were very pleasant. We opted for the homecooked dinner and it was delicious! The breakfast was also wonderful. We would stay here again and highly recommend it.
Hrifunes Nature Park
Located in Hrífunes, 28 mi from Vík, Hrifunes Nature Park provides a garden and free WiFi. The accommodations features a spa bath and a sauna.The holiday home provides guests with a patio, mountain views, a seating area, cable flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, and a private bathroom with hot tub and a hairdryer. A fridge, an oven and stovetop are also provided, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.Hrifunes Nature Park offers a hot tub.A terrace is available on site and hiking can be enjoyed within close proximity of the accommodations.
- This location is very remote. About 3040 min from town, up in the hills. Absolutely stunning views! Very clean and spacious. Bring food up to cook or you can call the Guesthouse to see if there is room for dinner. They accommodated us and it was lovely. The beds were a bit hard, but the views made up for it.
- Modern 140sqm home with lots of window with expansive views of down sloping moss fields.A wood fired hot tub and electric sauna
- Amazing secluded home! Perfect spot for exploring South Iceland. Our family of 4 had lots of space to relax and enjoy beautiful vistas while cooking our own dinners. Fiber Internet connection faster/better than what we had in Reykjavik! Hot tub sauna were a welcomed luxury for relaxing after a day of exploring, hiking, and driving. We had stormy weather but were comfortable and cozy listing to the wind and rain on the windows. Our host was very helpful and a pleasure to meet and chat with during the orientation to the home and it is amenities. For awareness 8km off highway 1 on a gravel road, 40 min from town for groceries/restaurants, hot tub wood fire heated and takes 34 to heat up initially. Would stay again and recommend to anyone!
- Great isolated location, very well kept, facilities are great, very clean, wood for hot tub was very welcome, hot tub was great note it takes at least 3 hours to warm it up with wood fire, internet is fiber so lightning fast
- Amazing house and host! Beautiful location. Completely accessorized with everything we needed.Highly recommend!
Glacier View Guesthouse – Hrífunes
Located in Hrífunes, 28 mi from Vík, Glacier View Guest house – Hrífunes provides a shared lounge and free WiFi.A continental breakfast is available daily at the bed and breakfast.Glacier View Guest house – Hrífunes features a garden and sun terrace.
- Everything about this stay was great. The staff was amazing and super friendly. The breakfast was very filling, lots of options. It was a great location in between a lot of attractions, and a nice drive to the glaciers. I loved how it was int he middle of nowhere, but felt so homey. The room was very clean, and the bathroom was nice. We had dinner there one night and it was so good! The food was amazing and homecooked, definitely would recommend.
- Elin and her staff were so incredibly warm and welcoming. There hospitality made the stay at their place extra special. The rooms are on the smaller side, but you have access to the main house which is incredibly comfortable and a great place to read and hangout. I would also recommend joining for the home cooked dinner at least one evening it was delicious!
- This venue worked well for me to explore the southern coast sites. breakfast was a very nice cold buffet with wonderful bread and jams, which I enjoyed. Driving to an off site restaurant was 25 to 45 minutes so I chose to eat my evening meal Bedford I settled in. Guest who chose to eat at the venue gave high grades to them meal. Staff was most pleasant and accommodating!
- Amazing hosts. Very kind and welcoming. Unique room and nice property setup.
- I loved the staff, they were great! The rooms and views were amazing! I loved breakfast they provided, they had home made breads that were really good!
Flaga 2 Guesthouse
Located 22 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Flaga 2 Guest house provides free WiFi. Offering a garden, the property is located within 26 mi of Fagrifoss. All rooms feature garden views.All guest rooms in the guest house are equipped with a kettle. The units come with a seating area.
- Me and my friend stayed at Flaga 2 guesthouse during our roadtrip in Iceland. Its located in a beautiful, rural area, and the rooms are very convenient and clean. The kitchen is wellequiped including a nespresso machine! and the accomodation offered anything we would wish for.Definitely recommend it!
- Very clean. Close to the main road 6km. Very friendly owners.
- We had room with own bathroom and balcony, in the kitchen is espresso machine with coffe capsules. As the system is completely automated no reception, you are free to come check in even in late hours, what is really great for your travel planning no stress Would definitely book again!
- It is a bit in the interior, we had to drive through some parts of gravel road to reach this place. Beautiful view. Kitchen was small but wellequipped. They had good tea and a nice espresso machine with espresso pods. We had a decent sized room and it was nice and toasty. We had to turn off the heater at night. Good insulation. Bed was comfortable. There were lots of racks and shelves in the room. The hosts sent clear instructions to drive and check in.
- Really a very nice place in the heart of nature. Possibility to use guests kitchen.
Apartment Deluxe Hrifunes
Featuring a restaurant, a shared lounge, and a garden, Apartment Deluxe Hrifunes provides accommodations in Hrífunes with free WiFi and garden views. The property features river views and is 28 miles from Vík.Situated on the ground floor, this apartment has with 2 bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a fridge, a living room, and a flat-screen TV.A continental breakfast is available daily at the apartment.Apartment Deluxe Hrifunes has a terrace.
- The beds were very comfortable. Lots of space. Wonderful location. We loved the breakfast basket, perfect for a family.
- The house had a great vintage look.The view was amazing from the balcony and living room.
- La decoracin. La cocina totalmente equipada. Una terraza acristalada que es una delicia. La ubicacin y las vistas desde el apartamento.
- Excelente, el apartamento muy completo y excelente decoracin, salvo el exceso de muestras de animales muertos. La vistas maravillosas, sobre todo el amanecer.
Cabin 9 is set in Kirkjubæjarklaustur, 17 mi from Fagrifoss, in an area where hiking can be enjoyed. This villa has a garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.The villa features 4 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.At the villa guests are welcome to take advantage of a sauna. A sun terrace is available for guests to use at Cabin 9.
No reviews yet.
The Holiday Houses
This property is located 14 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur and 30 mi from Vík. The Holiday Houses offers accommodations with free WiFi.Each unit features a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. There is also a seating area with a sofa, a TV and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. A toaster and coffee machine are also available.
- The whole experience vas very enjoyable. We had a wonderfull time and everything was perfect. The views from the houses are fantastic.
- Very cozy holiday house, all the necessary amenities can be found there. The beds were very comfortable. An amazing view from the window, very convenient placement in between of Vik and Kirkjubjarklaustur. The property was very helpful and responsive.
- Loved the location remote!, the vibe of the cabin, the comfy bed, the kitchen facilities, the view of the night sky. It felt like my own home and I loved it.
- Great place for the three of us! Plenty of room and very clean. When the wind knocked the power out they were very responsive. Great place to stay
- There are few places to stay in the area, and this one was just the right distance to halep us get to diamond beach and back again. There is a new bridge so the road and signage getting has changed form the ring road, but thats not the hosts fault! Its wasnt too cramped for our family of 6 for a 12 night stay, and I could make it work for longer if need be for a base camp, which I imagine most people are using this for. We needed a spot halfway between diamond beach and reykjavik and this was a great spot.
Located by Road 206, this family-run guest house is 5 mi from Kirkjubæjarklaustur village. It offers brightly decorated guest rooms and free WiFi in public areas. Laki Golf Club is 6.8 mi away.A seating area is featured in all rooms at Hunkubakkar Guest house. Guests can choose between private or shared bathrooms. Some rooms include a terrace.Breakfast is served each morning. Drinks can be enjoyed at Hunkubakkar’s bar.The Fagrifoss waterfall is 12 mi away. Skaftafell National Park is 48 mi from the guest house.
- We loved the hostess of the hotel! She especially made breakfast for my sister and me even though the main restaurant was closed due to the COVID19 outbreak. Our room was a super cute cabin that had a great view of the woods and is located very close to a famous canyon.
- We arrived late and they graciously accommodated us for dinner. The dinner was delicious and the staff was amazing when the northern lights made a display! They kept our food warm and we were able to eat when we had our fill of the auroras! The location was great between Vik and Skaftafell with the added bonus of the canyon nearby. Highly recommend!
- The cabins were perfect. Staff friendly. Very clean. Great location. Excellent value. Would absolutely stay again.
- Absolutely beautiful sunrise. Food was delicious. Room was cute, comfy and huge. I loved this place!
- We booked 2 rooms with shared bathroom, so we stayed in same cabin. The room is a little bit tiny, but with washstand. The room is comfy. The dining area is sweet and warm. The breakfast is pretty good. The location is the best! Its very closed to Fjarrgljfur. So we could enjoy early morning sunshine in Fjarrgljfur.
Eldhraun Holiday Home
Eldhraun Holiday Home is located 20 minutes’ drive from Kirkjubæjarklaustur. It includes a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi access and a private terrace with lake and mountain views.The holiday house features wooden interiors and high ceilings. A seating area, flat-screen TV and dining table feature in the combined living room. The holiday house also has a bathroom with shower.At Eldhraun Holiday Home you will find a hot tub, a garden and barbecue facilities. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking. The property offers free parking.The Route 1 Ring Road is 14 mi away.
- A quaint holiday home in the middle of a lava field. The house is warm with a proper size bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. We rented a two bedroom, one is a triple bed and the other one double. We are a group of 5. The fifth person sits in the sofa bed. The bunk bedia more suitable for smaller kid.This is one of the best property we stayed throughout our trip
- Everything was wonderful!Get the breakfast. Its worth it!
- Nice cabin, feels really warm and comfy, staff helpful, hot tube makes a plus, totally worth it
- All excellent. It was definitely off the beaten path!
- Hot tub was nice. There was a nice selection of pots and pans. It was nice to have a coffee maker too. Hosts brought new set of clean towels next day. Friendly dog in the neighborhood the kids enjoyed.
This modern hotel is peacefully located in the southern Icelandic village of Kirkjubaejarklaustur, a 1-hour drive from Skaftafell National Park and the Vatnajokull glacier. All rooms include a flat-screen TV.Simple, yet modern décor is featured in each Hotel Klaustur guest room. Some rooms also have coffee/tea making facilities and a hairdryer.Hotel Klaustur’s in-house restaurant offers a breakfast buffet and a dinner menu. The restaurant features spectacular mountain views. In the evening, guests can relax with a drink in the bar’s cozy arm chairs.On site, there are 2 electric vehicle charging stations.Area leisure activities include a neighboring swimming pool, Systravatn lake, 1,950 feet away and Klausturheiði mountain, 1,000 feet away.
- Well maintained hotel with very comfortable beds. Everything was clean. Breakfast very tasty with various choices.
- Hotel Klaustur is a relatively big hotel for rural Iceland, but still keeps its charm. The check in staff and management are super friendly and the rooms are comfortable. Perfect location as there is lots to explore around the area.
- The original room we booked was small but the staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a two room suite which included an amazing breakfast. Very spacious with an amazing soaking tub.
- The breakfast was excellent and the service exceptional.
- We loved our two nights at Hotel Klaustur. The location provided good access to Skaftafell and Vatnajokull National Park even on short winter days. The food was very good breakfasts and dinner and the staff was lovely.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Hrífunes