Hotel de Stadsboerderij/ Eetcafé de Brabander
One of our top picks in Hindeloopen.Located 1,300 feet from Hindeloopen yacht marina, De Stadsboerderij is a small family-run hotel set in a characteristic, old town farm. It offers basic accommodations free private parking on site.The nautical themed bar and restaurant offer a menu with characteristic meals from the region. A breakfast buffet is served here every morning.The rooms are simply furnished and come with a private bathroom.From De Stadsboerderij, guests can easily explore the 13th century city of Hindeloopen. De Frisian Skating Museum is around the corner, Workum is 3.7 mi away.
- The room was a decent size. The bathroom was also larger than expected. The location was perfect for visiting the city. The breakfast was via a buffet table and limited to a continental breakfast. This does not seem to be a place people leave luggage either before or after checkout but we were able to do so.
- Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. My room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was very nice. This is a charming hotel.
- The breakfast buffet was standard European fare. Plenty of food for all.
- It was convenient and centrally located in the town. The building itself had a lot of character and the staff was very helpful
Great location b&b to visit the town.
Easy free parking nearby if the couple of spaces on site full.
Attached pub, though we ate elsewhere.
Breakfast was good.
Hotel Gast Inn Workum
Set in Workum, 0.6 mi from Jopie Huisman museum, Hotel Gast Inn Workum features a terrace and sun terrace. There is a games room on site.Certain units feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer. Pension Gast Inn Workum features free WiFi .This hotel has water sports facilities and bike hire is available. You can engage in various activities, such as kite surfing and cycling. The nearest airport is Schiphol Airport, 54 mi from Hotel Gast Inn Workum.
- Quiet location, excellent room, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, good car parking and friendly staff
- Wonderful breakfast, warm welcome, very nice room with a view, possibility to have a drink in the glass house
- Very friendly staff, delicious breakfast and nice location! Recommended!
- A lovely hotel in a good position in workum. The room was very well appointed and the breakfast very good . Staff were very pleasant . We had a very comfortable stay
- Absolutely adorable Inn! It finished our trip to Holland off perfectly!
Hotel De Vrouwe van Stavoren
One of our top picks in Stavoren.Set in Stavoren, 47 mi from Leeuwarden, Hotel De Vrouwe van Stavoren features a terrace and views of the garden.The accommodations offers both regular rooms and wine casks. Certain rooms have a seating area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Hotel Vrouwe van Stavoren features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV is featured.Bike hire is available at this hotel and the area is popular for windsurfing. Sneek is 23 mi from Hotel De Vrouwe van Stavoren. Schiphol Airport is 47 mi away.
- We felt very welcomed by the staff. The option to rent bikes was very convenient. The breakfast was great too.
The location is great if you’re looking for a relaxing vacation. It’s not much and it’s not super fancy (especially in off-season), but the village of Stavoren is charming and lovely and the people are very welcoming.
The hotel itself is very nice, unique, with barrel shaped rooms. We tried a “normal” barrel and a spa barrel and the later is absolutely fantastic. You can hop from the Jacuzzi to the sauna to the shower. I especially loved the barrel which fills with water and dumps it all at once. For a quiet couples vacation this is a very good choice.
- The atmosphere was amazing. We loved the little town. We would definitely go back there again if the opportunity came about. The rooms were so unique. We would recommend this hotel! The staff were super friendly and incredibly helpful (needed the menu translated).
- Everything. They went above and beyond expectations. When they found out it was our 16 Year Anniversary, they decorated our room with balloons and hearts.
- De Vrouwe van Stavoren is from the front an old fashioned looking building (meent in best possible way, a little nostalgic), at the back however a very unique place. Sleeping in a barrel, at least you should try it once.
Hotel de Gulden Leeuw
Our hotel had been located in the center of the old city Workum. The hotel offers more than just a sleep over. The hotel has a stylish restaurant, a attractive bar and a sunny terrace to the market square. Also on short distance is the famous Jopie Huisman museum.The property provides indoor parking for bikes and charging points for E-bikes.
- Safe storage for your bicycle, nice and clean room, in the center of Workum. Excellent breakfast. Friendly staff.
- I loved having smoked salmon for breakfast and was thankful for the airco in my room on the top floor. Great, central location, very friendly staff!
- The breakfast was wonderful. It included many options and was always ready as soon as we arrived. The location in Workum was perfect, very close to everything in the downtown area. Free parking was available behind the nearby church, and everything was within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and cleaned the room daily.
- style ancienne d’hotel “” cafe brun”
- Wonderful owner, comfortable room, very nice breakfast.
One of our top picks in Workum.Hotel Aan de Wymerts is located opposite the Jopie Huisman Museum in Workum, 1.2 mi from the IJsselmeer Lake.The spacious rooms include rain- and massage showers as well as a TV. Some rooms have a whirlpool. Breakfast is served in restaurant Pickwicks.The town is famous for being one of the places the Elfstedentocht passes through. The city of Sneek is located within a 25-minute car drive from Aan de Wymerts. The hotel is located a 15-minute walk from the train station of Workum.
The place and the decoration were great.
The owner were really very nice and helpful as well as all the personal.
We had a really nice time there.
We had the chance to have a room with an extra door to outside for our dog.
- You should definitely take the suite. It is our 3rd time we go at this hotel
- Absolutely fabulous with an exceptionnal welcome, very nice suites, very good breakfast and restaurant, in a Nice city.
- Zeer ruime kamer (suite) met een heerlijk bed. Voortreffelijk ontbijt. Verrassende tapas diners. Zeer vriendelijke eigenaars. Een verblijf zoals je het hoopt, maar zelden ook zo vindt!
- Sehr gutes Frühstück, es gibt sogar Cortado. Schöne ruhige Lage im Ort. Schöner Garten.
- The place and the decoration were great.
This hotel provides stylish rooms with beautiful views of the IJsselmeer Lake or the recreational area. Enjoy the restaurant with its conservatory and outside terrace or the lounge with fireplace.Located near the beach and the harbor, Strandhotel Vigilante offers a convenient base in the old fishing village of Makkum. At walking distance you’ll find shops and lively terraces along the lake. You can easily reach the recreational area and the nature reserve of Makkum.Decide to start each day with a refreshing beach walk and plan your day at leisure. You can rent a bicycle at the hotel to explore the wider area and discover all its natural beauty.The restaurant looks out across the lake and offers a modern setting for your relaxing dinner. The cozy bar provides an intimate and informal place for a drink and a chat. Weather permitting, you can enjoy the sun on the hotel’s outside terrace.Both the cities of Sneek and Harlingen are within 15 minutes by car.
- Location was farther from the LF bike path than we assumed, but the trade off was a wonderful cooling Beach 100 meters away. Excellent Breakfast and Restaurant for dinner, but there are several other options for the latter within meters along the Strand. It was very hot, and the Lake was a blessing.
Location is perfect ,
Staff was very friendly
Good organized hotel , bar ,kitchen etc.
Best to visit the 11 cities from there out
- Great place to be, looks like recently the place was renovated. Very nice staff. Offered me an extra quiet room. Nice location at the IJsselmeer
Goed regels omtrent corona, ontbijt had wat uitgebreider gekund met warmere gerechten,geroosterd brood gebakken ei, worstjes ect. Locatie perfect aan IJsselmeer .met slechter weer ben je op je auto Aangewezen
Vriendelijk personeel top
- Ligging van het hotel aan het IJsselmeer en ruime kamer met zicht op het meer.
In Hotel Restaurant Jans Rijs you can enjoy the nature of the ‘Rijsterbos’, which is part of the national landscape ‘Gaasterland’. This area is perfect for those who love hiking and biking. The hotel has homely rooms, a bar and a good restaurant.Hotel Restaurant Jans has a wonderful location at the ‘Rijsterbos’. Here you can enjoy the view of the Frysian meadows. At just 1.9 miles from the hotel lies the coast of the ‘IJsselmeer’ lake. Bird watchers can visit a nature reserve here. The beach at the ‘Mirnser Klif’ is suitable for kite surfing.Hotel Jans offers Twin Rooms with Garden View, located in 13 Swedish chalets in the garden. These chalets come with a private entrance and a small terrace. The main building contains 9 hotel rooms divided on the first and second floor.The hospitable service and the homely rooms ensure a pleasant stay.
- Locatie, staff, very nice staff, excellent kitchen & wines
- Hired an e-bike from the hotel this time so was able to enjoy more of the area. You see so much more than when driving as you take far more time to enjoy the beautiful countryside. I didn’t think it could be better but this weekend was topped off with perfect weather too!
- I just love everything about this place – even on a stormy February weekend! Beautifully decorated. Spotlessly clean. The perfect to ‘get away from it all’ and recharge ones batteries. Already looking forward to the next visit!
- I have stayed here before and really liked it but previously stayed in the little bungalows. This time I had a room in the newly renovated main house and it was just wonderful! Top marks!
- Lovely host and wonderful breakfast. Perfect for our brief visit to the area.
HCR Teernstra is a 3-star property located in Balk. Featuring room service, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Guests can dine in the restaurant or a drink at the bar and free WiFi is available.All guest rooms at the hotel feature a flat-screen TV with cable channels, DVD-Player, and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries. The rooms have a closet.Guests at HCR Teernstra can enjoy a continental or a à la carte breakfast.You can play pool and darts at the accommodation, and the area is popular for cycling and fishing.Heerenveen is 23 miles from HCR Teernstra, while Sneek is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 62 miles from the hotel.
- Comfortable, clean, quiet room in middle of village with popular pub, and restaurant. Wonderful breakfast. Easy to find. Only 6 rooms so usually soldout in summer.
- I go every year with my dad, who was born in the area but has lived in England for 40 years. I love this little place, staff are amazing, food and the location brilliant-second to none!!!
- The breakfast was wonderful, all kinds of delicious sorts of bread/croissants/raisin bread/baked buns and other delicious breakfast things like yoghurt and muesli. After check in we sat outside and had a drink. Lovely place to stay! Balk is a quaint town.
- Typical Dutch hotel. Very friendly efficient service to a high standard.
- Cosy rooms with balcony, friendly staff, extravagant included breakfast, coffee/tea in room, comfortable sleep, right on main street, good lighting, enough electric sockets
Hotel Restaurant Boschlust
This cozy family hotel, located in the beautiful countryside of Gaasterland, offers everything you need for an unforgettable vacation in Friesland.The hotel has 40 beds, divided over spacious single, double, triple and quadruple rooms – all of which are equipped with modern facilities and warmly decorated. The suites have a private terrace or balcony.Both the terrace and restaurant are popular venues for a light snack or quality meal. The picturesque surrounding countryside offers a relaxing environment for walking and biking.
- We had one of the garden suites. These are spacious and quiet. Nice breakfast and very friendly staff
- Het hotel bevindt zich in een prachtige omgeving in Gaasterland, nabij het Rijsterbos. Ik had een heel rustige kamer en merkte niks van mijn buren. Het personeel is heel vriendelijk en het ontbijt was excellent.
Eten (ochtend en avond) : prima
Restaurant ,heel gezellig.
- Zu dem Hotel gehört ein sehr gutes Restaurant, in dem man sehr gut sitzen und essen kann. Die Einrichtung des Hotels ist geschmackvoll. Das Personal ist sehr freundlich. Die Lage ist zentral in einem kleinen Ort.
naleven corona protocol-goed
This intimate hotel is located in Makkum near the IJsselmeer, a 20-minute drive from Sneek. Waag features free Wi-Fi, a terrace and a bar with darts and a billiard table.All of the rooms at De Waag have a flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast every morning.Dutch pancake house De Waag offers international cuisine served in elegant surroundings and prepared with local ingredients whenever possible. There is also a set menu which uses seasonal produce.De Waag is less than a 40-minute drive from Leeuwaarden which features sights including Aqua Zoo Friesland and the Resistance Museum. National Park De Alde Feanen is a 50-minute car journey away.
- They made us feel vary safe with their corona measures. The staff was also very friendly. Room was small but the bed was very comfortable and had everything.
- The breakfast was excellent. Hospitality was very good. You immidiatly feel yourself at home.
- Room was nice and so was staff. We also enjoyed the good pancakes of the restaurant.
- Situated right in the center of the town. Free parking.
- We Had a great stay in De Waag. Very clean great breakfast and very pleasant town to explore.I asked my grandaughters and Daughter in laws wich place they enjoyed the most and it was Makkum! We had no trouble arranging public transport wherever we went in Holland. Pat Buren. ONtario Can.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Hindeloopen