Hotel Grandcafe De Doelen
One of our top picks in Franeker.Located in the historical city center of Franeker, Hotel Grandcafe De Doelen offers spacious rooms with free Wi-Fi.Each room features an private bathroom with a shower and a toilet. There is also a flat-screen TV, desk and mini-bar.Breakfast is served daily in the breakfast area. Packed lunches are available for a surcharge. Grandcafe De Doelen serves regional and French cuisine.Royal Eise Eisinga Planetarium is 650 feet away. Museum Martena is a 3-minute walk. Guests can go explore the history of the Frisian sport ‘kaatsen’ in the Kaatsmuseum, a 1-minute walk from the property. Bikes can be rented at the hotel to explore the area.
- the best location, very friendly staff, a charming place and the breakfast was really nice.
- Nice room on a nice location in Franeker. Definitely value for money.
- Great place to stay in a lovely town. Great food downstairs.
- Fashion show has extracted planty of ladies from all city to one place, feeling like you are Edem😋
Alles was prima, top lokatie, vriendelijk personeel,
Hotel Restaurant De Stadsherberg
Offering bicycle rental and a terrace on site, Hotel Restaurant De Stadsherberg is located in the province of Friesland at a 5-minute drive from the center of Franeker. The property is located at the waterside of Noorder Gracht.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, refrigerator, safety deposit box and wardrobe. The bathroom is fitted with a shower and toilet.On site guests can enjoy lunch or dinner based on a traditional cuisine with a French touch in the restaurant of De Stadsherberg.The harbor of Harlingen, from which ferries to Terschelling and Vlieland depart, can be reached within 20 minutes by car. The city center of Leeuwarden is within the same distance.
- perfect location, good breakfast, friendly service
- The location at the waterfront, the nice restaurant, friendly staff and quality of the food.
- Breakfast Excellent.. Location on a Canal crossroads. Excellent!
- The restaurant and the view over tha canal is great!
Very good food in restaurant
Hotel de Harmonie
De Harmonie is located in the quiet village of Sexbierum in Friesland. It offers simple yet functional rooms with a flat-screen cable TV and box-spring beds. It features free Wi-Fi and a rural setting.The key sights of Leeuwarden, including the Resistance Museum and the National Ceramics Museum, are just over 20 minutes away by car. Hotel de Harmonie is a 30-minute drive from Aqua Zoo Friesland.The restaurant at de Harmonie Hotel serves rustic European cuisine in a casual setting while the bar offers drinks and has a billiard table and a darts board. There is also a snack bar and a terrace.Some of the many activities available nearby including hiking and cycling. Guests can make use of the packed lunch service when exploring the local area. The area also includes the reknowned Elfsteden and Slachtemaraton bike routes.
- The owner, Yellie was wonderful, so friendly and helpful. Great breakfast
Clean and tidy hotel with very friendly and welcoming owners and staff. Rooms are a good size and clean, well presented.
Food is very good – portion sizes are big !
Friendly staff, good breakfast, good simple dinner options.
Cozy bar area (breakfast is also served there).
Nice beds and spacious rooms.
- Very friendly staff. Very good food, menus are only in Dutch, but staff did a great job in trying to explain/translate as best they could to us ludites who are unable to master the Dutch language (tried but failed).
- This hotel is extremely good value for money. It is a small family run hotel and it is extremely well managed. The restaurant deserves special recommendation: the steak we ate deserves a detour if in the neighbourhood. The rolled beef at the breakfast table was also special.
One of our top picks in Harlingen.Hotel Zeezicht has a waterside terrace, overlooking the typical Harlingen harbor and the Wadden sea. It has a restaurant with bar on site and offers newly renovated accommodations with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at Zeezicht feature comfortable beds, a sitting corner and a flat-screen TV with cable channels. They have a newly renovated bathroom with a rainshower.With views of the harbor, guests can enjoy an international seasonal menu with fish and meat specialties. A breakfast is served here every morning. The bar also has a lounge area with a billiards table.Zeezicht Hotel neighbors the ferry terminal, where the boats leave to Terschelling and Vlieland. Harlingen-Haven train station is 5 minutes away by foot.
- Loved the town, hotel’s location was perfect- great city for taking photos!!
- the location and the terrace overlooking the harbor
- Great location for walking the city and watching the harbor activity!
- We had a spacious room with a balcony and an awesome view of the boats. It was very quiet, comfortable time watching the boats go in and out of the harbor.
- Quaint, charming hotel, updated room, comfortable and clean. Wonderful location and view. Excellent location to walk to shops and restaurants. Friendly staff.
Hotel Almenum – het sfeervolle stadslogement –
One of our best sellers in Harlingen! Hotel Almenum – het sfeervolle stadslogement is located in a renovated, 17th century storehouse and 4 labor houses. There is a romantic courtyard where you can recover from a busy day.Almenum offers spacious apartments with a private entrance. Each has a bathroom with a bath and free Wi-Fi. Allergy-free apartments and apartments for disabled guests are available as well.A continental breakfast buffet is served in the morning. It includes eggs, ham and a selection of breads.It takes a 7-minute walk to reach the train station of Harlingen. The ferry service to Vlieland can be reached within a 10-minute walk. Leeuwarden is a 20-minute drive away.
- good breakfast and location in centre. Quiet environment with reasonable ggod space for parking bicycles inside.
- Very complete breakfast, friendly staff en very clean. Very peaceful place.
- nice old building, nice location, comfortable bed, helpful and friendly staff, close to ferries.
- Great hosts. Really nice, large, clean, well-appointed room. Super quiet yet very close to the center of things. Beautiful property. Parking available.
- The location is really nice, very quiet and still in walking distance to the city and the harbor.
Hotel Anna Casparii
Located right at Noorderhaven in Harlingen at a 24-minute car drive from Sneek, Hotel Anna Casparii offers a restaurant on site and a garden with a terrace. Free WiFi access is available.Each room comes with cable TV, a desk and private bathroom facilities. Some rooms have a view on the harbor.In the morning guests can enjoy a breakfast buffet and several restaurants and cafés are within 350 feet. The nearest supermarket is located at 984 feet, while there is a market 150 feet from Hotel Anna Casparii on Wednesdays and Saturdays.If guests would like to explore the surroundings by bicycle, the hotel can assist in rental services. Franeker can be reached within 12 minutes by car and Leeuwarden is a 23-minute car journey.
- Very friendly staff, excellent location, nice breakfast
- Great location, nice and helpful staff, very comfortable and clean
- Everything was exceptional and we had a wonderful time. Had a great staff and very accommodating. Would love to stay there again
- Lovely outside area to have a beer or coffee and watch the boats on the canals. The staff was very helpful no matter what the question was.
Very nice welcome to start with! Fun people and helpful.
Room was good with a view and we were personally escorted to the room with a smile and a joke.
Had dinner downstairs in the bar which was definitely better then you would expect from a “bar dinner”. Matter of fact, we had worse food in far more (overrated) official restaurants!
We enjoyed our stay here and if we need any logging in the future in the neighborhood we would certainly book again, no doubt!
On all fronts a winner!
Boutique Hotel De Eilanden
Boutique Hotel De Eilanden is located in Harlingen. Free WiFi access is available.Each room here will provide you with a seating area. Featuring a shower, the private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and bathrobes. Extras include a desk and a safety deposit box. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling.The hotel offers 3 rooms located on the ground floors. Other rooms can be reached by elevator.The hotel is 1,000 feet from Harlingen Haven Station and 2,950 feet from Harlingen Station. Groningen Eelde Airport is 48 mi away.
- If was neat, comfy and specious. Great location. We really enjoyed our stay there.
- What a great find! A lovely contemporary guesthouse in the city centre of Harlingen. Highly recommended!
- The boutique hotel is very nice. Modern and trendy. Spotlessly clean and it has everything one could need. Great location close to the harbour and the town.
- The most comfortable bed on our four destination vacation; we’ve stayed here previously and plan to stay here again; very convenient to ferry, shopping and cafes.
+ Definitely worth for the price.
+ Great location for daily Vlieland or Terschelling trips since it is very close to Harlingen haven.
+ Staff is very helpful.
Hotel ‘t Heerenlogement
Set in a 18th-century building in the historic center of Harlingen, Heerenlogement features an on-site restaurant. It offers nostalgic accommodations with free Wi-Fi and views of the traditional canals.Harlingen is a dynamic port town and has a lot of cafes, restaurants and monuments. It is also the harbor of your departure to the Frisian Islands, Terschelling and Vlieland.The hotel offers delicious meals with extra attention to local and regional dishes.
- Great managers/owners. Very helpful. Good location to explore on foot.
Loved the atmosphere of old style pub
Staff are great. Friendly, helpful and welcoming.
- This is a friendly hotel, run by good people. Everyone was kind. The location is perfect, the building quaint. The shower was just fine. You could open the windows (yes!) and in fact we slept with them open. Breakfast was above expectations, with fresh fruit, decent cheese and bread, etc. Comfortable wooden desk, adequate wardrobe. While the place has a 1970 sentiment (some of the lights could definitely be re-used in a restructured set up, or successfully sold in a modern antique trade fair) and is aesthetically topsy-turvy, the overall experience left on us a positive vibe and we walked out smiling from the premises.
- Comfort in Style. Plenty of consideration when meeting individual or unusual requests.
Nothing.Great location. Helpful friendly husband and wife proprietors. Very accommodating chef for my wife’s gluten free meals. Secure garage storage for motorcycle.
Harlingham was a great find and really worth a visit.
Lovely old historic hotel which used to appear on Dutch stamps!!
In the monumental city of Harlingen you’ll find Hotel Centraal, a luxury three-star hotel with comfortable rooms and a cozy lounge with an open fireplace and bar.Hotel Centraal is a beautiful hotel with the old ambiance of ancient (sailing)ships as well as modern ships. Free internet is available.The Afsluitdijk is a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
- This was a last minute find. The room was pleasant, the staff was great, and the breakfast was wonderful.
- Vincent the owner added just the perfect atmosphere to this quaint hotel
- Very friendly staff. Good breakfast. Good value for money.
- Nice hotel, good location. Best hotel if you are working / visiting the shipyards
Friendly and helpful staff. Very good breakfast.
Hotel dependance Anna’s zusje
Located in Harlingen, Hotel dependance Anna’s zusje has a terrace. Every room includes a patio with city views and free WiFi.All guest rooms at the hotel are equipped with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a shower. Hotel dependance Anna’s zusje provides some units that feature a balcony, and every room has a coffee machine. Guest rooms will provide guests with a desk and an electric tea pot.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Harlingen, like cycling.Leeuwarden is 16 miles from Hotel dependance Anna’s zusje, while Terschelling is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 64 miles from the hotel.
- Alles so weit ok, leider gab es kein Frühstück, weil wir 15min später da waren als angekündigt, wir aber auch nicht darüber informiert wurden, nach 10h kein Frühstück mehr angeboten wird. Insgesamt war aber alles in Ordnung.
- Heel leuke dependance en mooi ingericht! Top ontbijtje bij het hotel zelf
- Anna’s zusje is modern en compleet ingericht. Goede ligging en fijn dat parkeerkaarten verstrekt worden voor de duur van je verblijf. Ontbijt is prima en de medewerkers zijn super aardig.
Een meer dan voortreffelijk verblijf voor meerdere dagen!! Perfect gelegen tov het centrum van Harlingen, maar ook tov wegen om andere mooie Friese steden te bezoeken. Zeer gastvrij!! Niets was te veel!! Ontbijt tegen betaling bij hotel Anna Caspari, zeer goed verzorgd.
Ook eenmaal daar gedineerd, het was heerlijk!!
- Prima locatie midden in Harlingen. Fijne, mooie,grote kamer met mogelijkheid tot buiten zitten en luxe badkamer. We zijn de “gewone” hotelkamers een beetje beu dus deze accommodatie was TOP voor ons!!!! Ook fijn dat we in het hotel gastvrij werden ontvangen, met ontbijt, fiets wegzetten.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Herbaijum