The Edelweisshof is located in the picturesque village of Birnbaum in the heart of the Lesach Valley, set between the Carnic Alps and the Lienz Dolomites.A rich breakfast buffet is served every morning. In summer you can have breakfast on the terrace. In the afternoon coffee and cakes are served there. In the evening, you can relax at the bar with a drink and a game of darts.The garden offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and features a children’s playground and a tarmac lane for summer curling. There is also an indoor playroom, a billiards table, and a virtual Nike+Kinect coach.The property features a spa area.Many picturesque hiking trails start right at the doorstep. Other activities available in the vicinity of the Edelweisshof include fishing, rafting, mountain biking, climbing, skiing and snowboarding.
- Awesome gasthaus in the Dolomites . Typical tirolean atmosphere that flooded us with great memories from years ago. Gemutlicheit!!! Max was great and we had a blast sharing history and stories over great beer!
- The owner was very nice. Views from the room were fantastic meals were excellent!
- Fantastic experience Sauna in mountains And fresh milk from cowsalpinists are just unique experiences! All the best to owners who really love what they do.
- Its a relatively old structure with clean rooms, you have the possibility to have dinner and breakfast included at a very convenient price and there is a nice place to park your motorcycle.
- Hotel is clean. The view from room was gorgeous. The receptionist was pretty helpful and polite. Breakfast was good we had warm bread. Definitely worth to visit.
Alpenhof Strenge is located in Podlanig in the Lesach Valley, 2,650 feet from the village center. It offers a spa area and a restaurant serving Carinthian dishes. All rooms and apartments offer panoramic views of the mountains and the valley.Featuring wooden furniture and floors, the accommodations units feature satellite TV and a bathroom. Most have a balcony.Spa facilities at the Alpenhof include a Finnish sauna, a herbal sauna, a steam bath, and massage shower. The relaxation room overlooks the mountains. Guided walks and Nordic walking tours are offered weekly.Free Wi-Fi access is available in public areas. The garden includes a children’s playground and barbecue facilities. Free private parking is available on site.Kötschach-Mauthen is 6.8 mi away and provides public indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a ski area, and a train station with bus connections to Podlanig.
- The food was perfect and the view fantastic. Great value for money! The spa area was also very nice, with two saunas and one steam room and a place for relaxation with a great view. Also, we could go skiing in the morning, where for example the family ski region Obertilliach was only 30 to 40 minutes away. There you can also go sledding very nicely. The hosts were amazing, very friendly the hotel is a family business and has a very nice atmosphere.
- Its a bit out of the way this location but once you are there its amazingly relaxing. Very friendly staff.
- Everything was perfect. Accommodation, food, owner, location, family care. In summer ideal for bikers.
- This is really an amazing place to spend your holliday. Everything was perfect. The rooms are very clean and you can Find all that you need inside if you Want to cook and prepare your own food we had a apartament. Very warm place, the location offers you quiet and peace. For us was wonderful and we will come back for sure.
- Trotz CoronaEinschrnkungen in ganz sterreich und entsprechend wenig Gsten im Hotel stand das Wohl der Gste absolut im Vordergrund, wir fhlten uns sehr wohl. Danke an das freundliche Personal. Die Sauna ist der Knaller!!
Bierhotel Loncium & Privatbrauerei
One of our top picks in Kötschach. Located in the center of Kötschach-Mauthen, this 3-star inn in Carinthia’s Gail Valley offers free Wi-Fi access and free parking. An award-winning brewery is on site. Bierhotel Loncium & Privatbrauerei has a garage for motorcycles and provides maps and tour suggestions for bikers.Bierhotel Loncium & Privatbrauerei features modern rooms with satellite TV, a sun terrace, a bar, and a recreation room with billiard and darts.The restaurant serves traditional local cuisine. Guests on a half-board arrangement have a choice of dishes for dinner.The in-house brewery offers a wide range of beer specialties. Tours through the brewery are also offered.Hotel guests enjoy free admission to public outdoor and indoor pools nearby.
- We have been a few time. Excellent place, clean. Very good restaurant and craft brewery
- Clean and comfortable easy to reach with included parking opportunities
- Well located hotel under plockenpass near italian boarder. Try inhouse restaurant and local beers brewery is part of hotel!. Also breakfast was very good.
- very nice place, staff, facility especially bar and restaurant, the quality of food was amazing.
- Superb. I definittely recomend especislly if you are a beer lover furthemore best bike garage ever.
Located in Maria Luggau in the Lesach Valley, just 1,300 feet from the basilica, Gasthof Luggau awaits guests with a restaurant serving Austrian cuisine and garden with a small pool, a playground, barbecue facilities and a sunbathing terrace. Guests can relax in the on-site sauna and in the shared-use TV lounge.The rustic rooms at Luggau Gasthof all come with satellite TV and a bathroom with a bath. Some rooms have a balcony. WiFi is available free of charge in public areas.Other facilities offered at the inn include a tour desk, a ski storage room, and a billiards table. Free private parking is available on spot.The closest supermarket is within 1,000 feet. The Golzentipp Ski Area is 6.2 mi away.
- Very nice host! The place was clean and the bed super comfy, cozy decoration and great simple breakfast. Landscape super pretty as well.
- In the room was balcony with view on the Alpes mountains, it was very beautiful.
- We booked quite last minute, only an hour before we arrived in the evening, which was absolutely no problem at all. The view from our room was amazing. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff and the owners are super friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the breakfast which was included in the price, as well as the meals that we had in the evening.
- We had a big private terrace with an amazing view of the mountains. The restaurant made a vegan meal on request.
- It was clean, the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
One of our top picks in Oberdrauburg. Family-run since 1803, Gasthof Pontiller is located in the small town of Oberdrauburg in Carinthia. It has a traditional restaurant and is located on the Drautal Bicycle Trail. A lockable garages for bicycles and motorcycles is available.Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire hotel. Rooms are equipped with satellite TV and a safe. Some rooms have a balcony. All rooms are accessible by elevator.Gasthof Pontiller serves classic Carinthian cuisine, with many fish and game specialties and homemade pastries. In summer, you can dine in the garden.The ski areas of Kötschach-Mauthen, Zettersfeld and Hochstein can be reached within 20 minutes. The Aquarena Spa and Aquapark is 15 minutes away. Snow-shoe hikes and ski tours in the Oberdrautal outdoor park can be booked on site.Guests can use the Pontiller’s private fishing waters on the Drau River.Free parking is available in front of Gasthof Pontiller and in the courtyard.
- We were very satisfied during our stay. The interior gives a good feeling of history, yet is well maintained and clean. Staff was very helpful most of all the owner, who did his best to fulfill our needs. It was a delight to see him everywhere, greeting the guests with a smile and resolving problems add they were coming. Really the old school Klasse!
- good spot to go to Itali over pass.nice food in there restaurant.nice stuff.
- Easy to find and reach the property easy to take the luggage to the room nad back to the car
- Everything was great, lovely host and very helpful.
- Great location and amazing friendly staff. Food in hotel restaurant 10/10. I stay one more time in this hotel during next trip.
Located in a peaceful location in Liesing, Gasthof-Pension Waldfriede features a sauna and free Wi-Fi. It offers spacious accommodations with balconies overlooking the lush, forested landscape.Each guest unit is fitted with satellite TV. Some have a kitchenette, with an oven, and a seating area.Guests can enjoy regional cuisine in the Pension’s restaurant or al fresco on the terrace. A breakfast buffet is freshly prepared and served each morning.The tour desk can offer advice about local hiking trips. In winter, guests can enjoy cross-country skiing. Goltz ski elevator in Oberdilliach is a 20-minute drive away.Liesing town center is 1.6 mi from the hotel. Free parking is provided on site.
- Cosy, family run BB. The rooms are in a different building than the restaurant, thus very quiet and no kitchen smells. Great thinking!
- Everything was perfect. We enjoyed our stay here so much. Comfortable, clean place with delicious food and nice people, in beautiful location. All guests are treated here with great care.
- Everithing! The really best experience! A beautiful view/location. Very clean! Claudia and your family was great in hospitality! The cuisine allows us to taste all regions recipes and flavours! Thank for all!!!!
- Die Lage der Unterkunft ist absolut ruhig und idyllisch. Ideal zum Wandern, Fahrradfahren und Entspannen.Die Gastgeber Claudia und Toni sind unglaublich herzlich und hilfsbereit, immer fr ihre Gste da. Die Zimmer sind sehr sauber, mit Balkon und schnem Ausblick in die wunderschne Natur. Wir wurden tglich mit regionalen Kstlichkeiten und viel Selbstgemachten verwhnt, das Essen war spitze.
- Sehr zugewandte, freundliche und individuelle Betreuung. Claudia und Toni kmmern sich bestens um ihre Gste! Die Kche hat einen regionalen Schwerpunkt und ist ausgezeichnet, es wird viel nach huslichem Rezept zubereitet. Wer eine saubere, top gepflegte Unterkunft mit leckerem Essen in extrem ruhiger Lage schtzt, ist dort perfekt aufgehoben!
Hotel Gailberghöhe is set on a hillside, 3.1 mi from the center of Kötschach and the closest ski slopes. It comes with a restaurant offering Austrian cuisine made of local and seasonal products. After a long day, you can unwind in the sauna or request a relaxing massage.The spacious Alpine-style rooms come with cable TV and most also have a balcony. Each bathroom is fitted with a hairdryer.A breakfast is served on the sun terrace or in the common dining room with views of the Carnic Alps. Half-board is possible for bookings of 3 nights or longer upon request.A motorbike garage and a workshop are provided and there is also a tour desk. Children can have fun on the on-site playground or while playing table tennis, and there is free WiFi available in public areas.The Gailberghöhe Hotel also awaits you with a ski storage room and a heated room for ski boots and ski suits. Guided hiking tours can be organized on request and free private parking is possible in front of the hotel.The Aquarena Kötschach-Mauthen Puplic Pools are a 5-minute drive away.
- Very friendly personell Very nice and comfortable rooms Great breakfast Very convenient for a trip to Slovenia Great parking for motor bikes
- Sehr freundliches Personal allen voran der Chef!,,,
- Freundliche Eigentmer, tolles Frhstcksbuffet, hundefreundlich und gerumiges Zimmer.
- Die tolle Lage war ausschlaggebend fr mich als Motorradfahrer. Dazu die tollen Angebote fr Biker Garage, Waschplatz, Trockenraum, Werkzeug, Karten. Die Gastfreundschaft ist bemerkenswert. Ich habe mich sofort wohl gefhlt und hatte den Eindruck willkommen zu sein. Ich komme wieder, auf jeden Fall.
- Sehr freundliches Personal und EigentmerfamilieEssen und Zimmer einfach topGerne jederzeit wieder
Hotel Erlenhof is located in the middle between the two city centers of Kötschach and Mauthen and offers motorcycle sheltering spaces.The on-site restaurant in traditional Carinthian style which serves regional and Mediterranean dishes and has a fine selection of wines and locally brewed beers. Guests find 2 terraces, one nonsmoking and one for smokers.All rooms at Erlenhof are nonsmoking and most rooms have a balcony. There is a flat-screen TV, a safe and a bathrooom with shower and toilet. Guests enjoy the comfort of self check-in.Kötschach Mauthen is an ideal starting point for motorcycle tours through Carinthia or to Slovenia and Italy. Popular sights include the nearby Manndorf Castle and the medieval town of Lienz, a 30-minute drive away. The hotel offers free WiFi and free private parking and bike shelter.
- Very friendly and helpful staff. As I left the hotel very early in the morning, they prepared a rich breakfast in front of my door. The food at the onsite restaurant was very good. Rich breakfast buffet.
- Die Wirtsleute waren sehr Freundlich,alles in allen war ein gemtlicher Aufenthalt troz Corona
- Nettes Personal, gut gelegen, hervorragendes Frhstck .
- Wir hatten ein sehr groes Zimmer das sehr gediegen eingerichtet war. Der Empfang und die Bedienung im Restaurant war sehr freundlich. Das Restaurant war ausgezeichnet, das Frhstck war auch sehr gut.
- Sehr gute zentrale Lage in Ktschach Mauthen hervorragendes Frhstck, groe Zimmer. Super Preis Leistungsverhltnis. Sehr gute Kche. Biker freundlich
Das kleine Berghotel
Located in Liesing, Das kleine Berghotel has a bar, shared lounge, garden, and free WiFi throughout the property. Featuring room service, this property also welcomes guests with a restaurant, a water park and a seasonal outdoor pool. There is free private parking and the property has paid airport shuttle service.All rooms at the hotel come with a seating area, a TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a shower. The rooms have a coffee machine, while some rooms also feature a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge. The rooms have a desk.Guests at Das kleine Berghotel can enjoy a buffet breakfast.The accommodation has a playground. You can play ping pong at Das kleine Berghotel, and the area is popular for hiking and skiing.San Candido is 29 miles from the hotel.
- Gentilezza della signora Sandra,cortesia e pulizia!
- Das kleine Berghotel liegt sehr schn mitten im Lesachtal und hat eine wunderbare Umgebung. Das Haus ist im Familienbesitz und ausgezeichnet gefhrt. Die Zimmer sind sauber und sehr schn. Das Frhstck ist einfach, aber vllig ausreichend. Zu empfehlen ist das Abendessen mit lokalen Spezialitten.
- Laccueil. Lappartement style chalet de montagne. La fracheur du lieu. Le grand balcon avec une vue exceptionnelle sur les sommets environnants.
- Ottima pulizia, personale molto accogliente anche se non parlano ne italiano ne inglese. Lappartamento era molto curato, e pulitoPiscina molto bella anche se un po scomoda da raggiungere non in albergo ma in un prato due strade sotto
- Il posto decisamente tranquillo,pulito,e ottima la posizione per le escursioni, lunica cosa che nella prenotazione non c scritto che la piscina non situata in struttura, ma si devono fare 5 minuti a piedi per raggiungerla poich pubblica biglietti compresi nel prezzo dellalbergo.
Ferienwohnungen Forellenhof Waldner
Surrounded by a 23 ft² garden with a heated outdoor pool, Forellenhof Waldner offers apartments with a balcony or terrace in Gundersheim in the Gail Valley. Wi-Fi and parking are free of charge. The Nassfeld Ski Area is 9.3 mi away.Aparthotel Waldner consists of 3 buildings and features a sauna and a sun bed. Bicycles can be rented. In winter, free ski storage is available on site and a ski elevator can be used in Nassfeld.Aparthotel Waldner provides a breakfast buffet on request and at an additional cost. Ski passes can be bought on site for discounted prices.The free ski bus for Nassfeld departs right in front of Ferienwohnungen Forellenhof Waldner. Lake Pressegg is about 16 mi away.From mid-June to mid-September, the Nassfeld Card is included in the rate. This card consists of many free benefits and discounts in the region.
- Excellent breakfast, clean and large apartment and very helpful host Heimo
- The hotel is really beautiful and decorated with taste. I was very nicely surprised when we entered for the first time. Rooms/apartments are clean an one might find there everything necessary. The owner is very helpful and relaxed. There is free sauna downstairs and Skibus right next door. Free parking spaces available for guests.
- Everything else. The staff, large spacious apartman. Quality service and facilities.
- Its very convenient if you go to the Nassfeld Ski Resort. The bus stop is right outside the Guesthouse. The owner is friendly and gave a great tip how to spend a next day by hiking near the lake thank you, we did the full round, 5.8km, it was beautiful and pleasant.The bath is new and it was a pleasure to get away from shower at home Ive left a bottle of Bath Bubbles with pine scent, so be quick! Reserve and ask for a Room 2, hopefully it wont be gone or thrown away, by the time you get there, hehe Full kitchen, two! toilets, spacious balcony, sunset view, sauna, outdoor pool in the summer… a nice place to stay.
- Big great, well equipped apartments! The view from the living room is right to the mountains, really beautiful to enjoy a cup of coffee in the balcony, while watching the mountains…The beds are comfortable, the heating works perfectly. Having a washing machine is a big plus!The staff are extremely kind! The sauna was in the other building, but we still got access to it. They even offered to turn it on earlier if we got back from skiing earlier. You also can purchase the ski pass at a discounted rate only for 6 days passes and they help with the ski bus timeline.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Birnbaum